06-16-06, 05:38 PM   #1
Jax
A Murloc Raider
Warlock SCT

Hey,

I was sitting around watching the movie i linked below which is a c'thun kill from a warlock pov. I think i'd very much like to have my SCT behave the way this warlock's does. It has spelldamage done pop up on sct and scroll in the same way as damage taken does. For example, when a shadowbolt hits c'thun, SCT displays a message like: "Shadowbolt 1569" which scrolls just like damage taken. It also changes color of the text depending on the spell damage type (purple for shadow, orange for fire) Feel very free to check it out in the movie to complement my somewhat crappy explanation.

Now, I tried the new SCTD addon, but it doesnt work like in the movie, so im thinking maybe this guy has some home made coding in his sct.

Consequently, im looking for someone with the skills and info on how to make my SCT do this for me.

Movie

Thanks in advance.

/J
06-16-06, 06:57 PM   #2
ffcloud2000
A Fallenroot Satyr
sct

that feature is part of sct.. its not edited or anything.. um under options look for a drop down list for Animation and change it to Rainbow.. also for the display of spell types.. click the Spell tab on the bottom left.. and check mark spells damage type.. just play with the options..

/sct for options menu btw

Last edited by ffcloud2000 : 06-16-06 at 07:02 PM.
06-17-06, 01:23 AM   #3
Jax
A Murloc Raider
thanks a lot for the reply mate!

Changing the options the way you suggest doesnt make my damage done to a target pop up in sct, only the damage taken.

Still looking for someone with the info!
06-17-06, 01:44 AM   #4
Jax
A Murloc Raider
i found in a readme file an option to create one's own custom messages. /sctdisplay. Now, what the hell kind of text do i need to put in there? i want my shadowbolt, searing pain and shadowburn damage to pop up.
06-17-06, 04:02 AM   #5
Jax
A Murloc Raider
nvm, figured it out myself.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Warlock SCT