06-17-10, 07:23 AM   #1
Detvarjannik
A Murloc Raider
Taxi meter for passenger mounts!

Recently bought a chopper and was wondering if it would be possible to make an addon that tracks yards of travel. I'm spending alot of time in low level zones for different purposes (rep, achievements etc) and I sometimes pick up lowbies for a coin or two and take them where they wanna go. I've also seen alot of people in trade asking for a ride from a Major City to another zone nearby.
This gave me an idea for an addon.

Stuff I would like to see implemented:
- Text field where you can put an advertisement and set it to announce at a given interval (similiar to the ad functionality in GoldRaidManager)
- Input boxes for values (ax+b ; a=gold/yard, x=yards, b=start price)
- Announces at given interval (yards or gold) to the passenger eg. '/p 100yards: 10g and counting..' every 100yard or every 10th gold
- Maybe a timer that shows how long till arrival (as TomTom has) with 'right-click to announce in party' function

I have no clue if this is even possible to make but I just thought of it last night while driving around. I'd wish I knew coding myself, but I'm just gonna throw it out here and hope for someone who can/will do the job (or simply say 'not possible'). ^^

Thanks for reading, happy thursday every one
06-18-10, 07:18 AM   #2
Chimaine
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't like the advertisment part, but I think I could do the rest. I'll take a look at it next week.

ATTN! A german writing english!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Taxi meter for passenger mounts!