12-05-14, 02:38 PM   #1
Chillhowl
A Murloc Raider
Hide Topdown Map Texture

Hey all,

I'm lookin for a way to make the textured (topdown) part of the minimap transparent. I've managed to get everything else set up the way I like, but I can't figure out a way to do this. The one addon that I've found that sort of does this is FarmHud. This however puts the map at the ceter of the screen and does some weird scaling stuff that makes it hard to just edit the code (I've been trying for a while)

Anyone know how to hide the textured part of the map, make it transparent, or replace it with a solid texture? Or does anyone know of a an addon that will allow me to do this.

I want to keep the tracking (blips), I just don't wanna see the "topdown" map texture.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
12-05-14, 05:11 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minimap:SetAlpha(0)
12-05-14, 05:25 PM   #3
Chillhowl
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Ah, that did it

I can't believe the amount of time I've spent trying to do this when it was that simple haha

Thank you very much
12-05-14, 05:44 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Doesn't that affect everything parented to it too like most of the minimap buttons?
12-05-14, 09:32 PM   #5
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Doesn't that affect everything parented to it too like most of the minimap buttons?
Yup. But it leaves nodes and quest blobs untouched. One could actually create a second Minimap frame to display above the original if one wants to overlay something without disrupting the nodes. Just make a big Minimap sandwich.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hide Topdown Map Texture