11-28-14, 02:53 PM   #1
darkancient
A Murloc Raider
[Bug] Identical items counted as set in bags

Hi,

I encountered a bug with the bags. If I find an item that is identical to one of my gear in a set, it will count both as part of a set in the bags.
For example: "Gutcrusher Greatbelt"(1) is part of my tank set. I looted another "Gutcrusher Greatbelt"(2) and now it is displayed in my bags as part of a set while only (1) is.
There are no error messages to be found, this is purely an algorithmic/sorting bug.

Using RealUI v8.1 r8 a.

Best regards,

Dark
11-28-14, 03:52 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
It's been like this for a while. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to distinguish between one item (set) and an identical item (non-set).

11-28-14, 04:18 PM   #3
darkancient
A Murloc Raider
I did some googling and found this: http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/G...ntSetLocations

itemIDs = GetEquipmentSetLocations("name")
"Returns a table listing the locations of the items in an equipment set".

Shouldn't this function be of help by identifying which set item is where in the inventory, thus ruling out others?
11-28-14, 05:16 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
It may help, but with the way that cargBags has sets currently set-up, it would still need major changes to properly determine one identical item from another when only one is in a set.

11-28-14, 05:24 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I remember right, GetEquipmentSetLocations() only returns the item numbers without the unique IDs that are embedded in regular links. This also means you won't be able to tell the difference between two base items that have different suffixes.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » [Bug] Identical items counted as set in bags