06-03-15, 09:24 AM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help understanding Blizzard magic when Crafting

Apparently Druids (and Warlocks) can't craft while shapeshifted. The Blizzard Tradeskill UI solves this problem by automagically shifting to "normal" form when you click the "Create" button. The Skillet UI gets an error "You are in shapeshift form" instead.

I've looked at Blizzard_TradeSkillUI.lua and Blizzard_TradeSkillUI.xml and I don't see any "magic", the create button calls "DoTradeSkill(TradeSkillFrame.selectedSkill, TradeSkillInputBox:GetNumber());".

Skillet calls "DoTradeSkill(skillIndexLookup[command.recipeID],command.count)" as well.

Can anyone provide some insight into how the "magic" works so I can implement it in Skillet?
06-03-15, 10:03 AM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
Apparently Druids (and Warlocks) can't craft while shapeshifted. The Blizzard Tradeskill UI solves this problem by automagically shifting to "normal" form when you click the "Create" button. The Skillet UI gets an error "You are in shapeshift form" instead.

I've looked at Blizzard_TradeSkillUI.lua and Blizzard_TradeSkillUI.xml and I don't see any "magic", the create button calls "DoTradeSkill(TradeSkillFrame.selectedSkill, TradeSkillInputBox:GetNumber());".

Skillet calls "DoTradeSkill(skillIndexLookup[command.recipeID],command.count)" as well.

Can anyone provide some insight into how the "magic" works so I can implement it in Skillet?
The function is probably gets executed in the C server side code, so you can't really see into that.

My guess would be since it's gets called by a secure Blizzard addon it can run codes like shapeshit into and out of forms. While when it gets called by a 3rd party addon, that part of the code fails silently and you only get the error message.

Long story short you won't be able to do this without breaking the TOS.
06-03-15, 11:25 AM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just do it securely?
06-03-15, 12:22 PM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Just do it securely?
Worth a try, but it might not work even like that.
06-03-15, 12:48 PM   #5
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thanks for the insight. I'll close the Skillet ticket that was entered but now I can at least explain why!
06-03-15, 01:20 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What I've done before is create a SecureActionButton that runs /cancelform and put the DoTradeSkill() call in a PostClick handler. You can also do button:HookScript() on the OnClick handler to securely post-hook the existing script used by the SecureActionButtonTemplate.

Method 1:
Lua Code:
  1. local button=CreateFrame("Button",nil,nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate");
  2. button:RegisterForClicks("AnyUp");
  3. button:SetAttribute("type","macro");
  4. button:SetAttribute("macrotext",SLASH_CANCELFORM1);-- Using this constant makes sure this code works on all locales
  6. button:SetScript("PostClick",function(self,button)
  7.     -- Do stuff and make your DoTradeSkill() call here
  8. );

Method 2:
Lua Code:
  1. local button=CreateFrame("Button",nil,nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate");
  2. button:RegisterForClicks("AnyUp");
  3. button:SetAttribute("type","macro");
  4. button:SetAttribute("macrotext",SLASH_CANCELFORM1);-- Using this constant makes sure this code works on all locales
  6. button:HookScript("OnClick",function(self,button)
  7.     -- Do stuff and make your DoTradeSkill() call here
  8. );

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Help understanding Blizzard magic when Crafting