02-26-11, 05:27 AM   #1
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
An addon I am looking for, simple one.

Straight to the point:

An addon that will know what debuff I have and shout something like 'I have [Necrotic Plague], decurse me!

Thanks.
02-26-11, 07:19 AM   #2
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
any healer worth their salt or person who actively decurses, have addons that tell them quickly who has what debuff, and weather or not they can dispel it, as well has having a DBM like addon that tells them what person has a raid wiping debuff that MUST be dispelled.

I myself use Healbot on my Resto-Druid, and I decurse what ever i can.

Any addon that does what you're suggesting would only serve to annoy you're healing team, least from my point of view.

You're a Tank/DPS, its your job not to stand in the spunk and hit things with that big ass sword you got, let us squishy healers worry about what debuffs you got and we'll take care of them. You do your job, we'll do ours.

Last edited by aceman67 : 02-26-11 at 07:21 AM.
02-26-11, 07:22 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Decursive is my go-to addon for debuff management.

02-26-11, 08:16 AM   #4
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
You're a Tank/DPS, its your job not to stand in the spunk and hit things with that big ass sword you got, let us squishy healers worry about what debuffs you got and we'll take care of them. You do your job, we'll do ours.
No need to talk like that to me. Not all healers are so aware or have these addons. You can't blame Tanks/DPS, some bosses debuffs happen when you don't stand in 'spunk', like in my EXAMPLE, Necrotic Plague.
02-26-11, 08:56 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Most of the boss mod addons already do this. Adding extra spam to the chat window is unnecessary.

While Aceman did put it rather rudely, he is right in that any healer worth their salt is going to be on the ball with decursing. If they aren't, all the notices in the world in the chat window will not make their awareness any better.

Just sayin. No meanness intended in my post.
02-26-11, 09:34 AM   #6
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Most of the boss mod addons already do this. Adding extra spam to the chat window is unnecessary.

While Aceman did put it rather rudely, he is right in that any healer worth their salt is going to be on the ball with decursing. If they aren't, all the notices in the world in the chat window will not make their awareness any better.

Just sayin. No meanness intended in my post.
I thought the bossmod addons would do this yet I cannot find how to make it happen in DeadlyBM,

I do agree that healers should be on the ball but some of the healers I play with have computers that can't handle the addon memory usage(bad I know)

This might not be a MUST NEED addon. But I see other addons that hardly do anything yet alot of people use them. e.g. having a trail from your arrow, that helps nobody but people use it.
02-26-11, 09:53 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Decursive is very light weight from my experience and even the lowest of computers that can handle the new wow should have no problems using it.

But yes, in some fights boss mods will either mark the target or splash a message on the screen to tell the user something like that has happened. Even if the healer doesn't have the addon you as a leader of the raid/group can send warnings out to the group.

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-26-11 at 10:03 AM.
02-26-11, 11:03 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MiniStew View Post

I do agree that healers should be on the ball but some of the healers I play with have computers that can't handle the addon memory usage(bad I know)
Addon memory usage has no bearing on game performance. The only time that would be an issue is if an addon is so poorly written that it has a memory leak. If that is the case, they need a different addon or the addon author needs to fix the memory leak.
02-26-11, 11:13 AM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

I see a lot of people get confused when it comes to memory usage. My wife plays on a old laptop, when her computer bogs down in boss fights and other area's, what we are really seeing is a reduction in the frames per second, Its really not the addon using more memory its that the computer cannot handle drawing all the complex shapes.
02-26-11, 10:19 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

An addon that will know what debuff I have and shout something like 'I have [Necrotic Plague], decurse me!
As someone who played a healer for over 5 years, I can tell you right now that anyone running such an addon would be immediately added to my ignore list so I wouldn't have to see their spam and wouldn't ever group with them again.

Necrotic Plague is a critical part of the raid encounter where it occurs. Not only is 90% of the raid incapable of doing anything about the debuff (and therefore do not want your spam distracting them from messages that are actually important) but for the people who can dispel it, that is their #1 priority in that stage of the fight. If they're not doing their job, spamming is not the answer.

Even the default UI shows when someone gets a debuff you can dispel, so "my computer can't handle addons" is not only a lie (any computer capable of running WoW is also capable of running Decursive) but also completely irrelevant. You don't need any addons at all to see when someone has a debuff you can dispel.
02-27-11, 07:26 AM   #11
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The default UI will tell a healer/decurser that there are such things on the units in the raid.

So I don't know why you'd need to yell. Or even how yelling would help it get fixed.

-Crissa
02-27-11, 07:54 AM   #12
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Well all judgment aside.
A few of the boss mods do this, I think that DXE is one of them. You could try that.
02-27-11, 11:49 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nobgul View Post
Well all judgment aside.
A few of the boss mods do this, I think that DXE is one of them. You could try that.

There hasn't been a stable release of DXE pushed to Curse since last October. Unless I misunderstood what I read, they will eventually be updating. I just dunno when. For those interested, you may wish to read the comments section for this addon over on WowAce.
02-28-11, 04:35 PM   #14
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Even the default UI shows when someone gets a debuff you can dispel, so "my computer can't handle addons" is not only a lie (any computer capable of running WoW is also capable of running Decursive) but also completely irrelevant. You don't need any addons at all to see when someone has a debuff you can dispel.

And who are you to say my friends are liars? I myself see my RAM usage go up by 500mb from using addons. You must be living in a bubble if you think addons take up no memory usage.
02-28-11, 04:50 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
500MB? That's HUUUUGE!!! Even 100MB is HUGE. My entire UI (and I assure you that I use a lot of addons) is about 30-40MB.

/edit: and I don't believe that Phanx means to say that your friends are liars. Just that the statement is a fallacy.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-28-11, 05:07 PM   #16
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

just to put this out there. If your friend is using a video card with shared video ram, that could account for the huge increase of ram, other then that I can assure you it's not a addon doing it. Unless they are all poorly written.

I suggest that if you are that deeply concerned about the ram issue that you run something that will show addon ram use.

this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ememfpsms.html

combined with a data broker will do that.
02-28-11, 05:11 PM   #17
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Nobgul View Post
just to put this out there. If your friend is using a video card with shared video ram, that could account for the huge increase of ram, other then that I can assure you it's not a addon doing it. Unless they are all poorly written.

I suggest that if you are that deeply concerned about the ram issue that you run something that will show addon ram use.

this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ememfpsms.html

combined with a data broker will do that.
I myself have a dedi graphics card and see ram usage soar. My computer is no halfcast. Custom made, good stuff.
02-28-11, 05:19 PM   #18
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Just trying to help. Giving options on what to try in order to nail down the source of the memory leaks. If you run the databroker plugin I listed above and take a screenshot, post it here we can see if any addon's are using more then it should. In order to get a good range of situations, I would take a pic of idle in a major city, in a 5 man group, and in a raid if you can 10 or 25.
02-28-11, 05:30 PM   #19
Othgar
"That" Guy

I myself have a dedi graphics card and see ram usage soar. My computer is no halfcast. Custom made, good stuff.
I used to run an HP lappy with 4 gigs of ram and a built in ATI HD series card and even with 90+ addons running I was only ever around 40mb of ram used. Now with my new rig the 40 or so mb I use doesn't even come close to slowing me down. I'd check GFX drivers if you're burning up that much RAM. Running decursive only uses a few kb of memory at the most, Decursive and Healbot together use less than 10mb, Even on a bottom end system with a shared memory video card that wouldn't affect game performance to any noticable degree.

Just for referrence I run a custom built rig too, AMD Phenom II x6 @ 2.8ghz, 8gigz corsair ram, ATI HD 5770 GFX card, and windows 7 64bit. Unless one or more of your addons has some really bad coding you shouldn't be seeing RAM usage soar at all. Even if are using 100-200mb of RAM from addons it really isn't that much unless you're only running 1 or less gigs of RAM.

02-28-11, 05:39 PM   #20
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I myself see my RAM usage go up by 500mb from using addons.
Even when I was raiding 25-player content and running both Recount and Skada, my addon memory usage topped out at around 150 MB. I have no idea what you must be doing to get your addons to take up 500 MB.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » An addon I am looking for, simple one.