06-21-09, 06:02 AM   #1
Crowfeather
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to get informations about items

So here I am again with yet another question.
This time I need to find out something about equipped items (ranged weapon dps, attack speed and ammo dps aso).
Researching my options I found out that I can get the item link of the weapon via GetInventoryItemLink("player", 18). Unfortunatly that didnīt help me very much as itīs just the link to the data and I donīt know how to access it. Then I came across Tooltips and read the article about hidden tooltips on wowwiki. Unfortunatly the article only explained how to create such a hidden tooltip and Iīm still at loss how to read the needed information from it.

Edit:
Got the "Hidden Tooltip" method to work now. My only gripe is now that I canīt seem to use the "TextLeft<num>" or "TextRight<num>" sufixes if the tooltip is part of an array (used to define the namespace).

Last edited by Crowfeather : 06-22-09 at 06:54 AM.
06-21-09, 07:55 AM   #2
Gako
A Fallenroot Satyr

Shouldn't your Ranged Attack pane on the character panel? As for ammo dps I'm not sure, but as a hunter, I've never really needed to calculate my ammos dps, its all in the gun
06-21-09, 10:30 AM   #3
Crowfeather
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gako View Post
Shouldn't your Ranged Attack pane on the character panel? As for ammo dps I'm not sure, but as a hunter, I've never really needed to calculate my ammos dps, its all in the gun
Unfortunatly no - the ranged attack pane just shows auto shot damage with various other stats rolled into it (ammo and weapon beeing among them).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to get informations about items