08-08-15, 08:39 PM   #1
goldman1337
A Murloc Raider
updated woah unit frames?

sorry for the kinda confusing title, but was wondering if someone knows if woahwarrior is still active or if there's any way to get woah unitframes updated for 6.2, or if not, any addons that's like it(unit frames with default energy/combo points Interface that looks nice and does things like becoming gray when a mob is tapped, for example)

thanks
08-08-15, 10:41 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by goldman1337 View Post
... any addons that's like it(unit frames with default energy/combo points Interface that looks nice and does things like becoming gray when a mob is tapped, for example)
Well, "looks nice" is extremely subjective. Personally I'd say whoa Unit Frames are quite ugly, for example.

Pretty much any unit frame addon should turn gray when the mob is tapped.

Since whoa Unit Frames hasn't been updated in several years, and its author hasn't logged into the site in about 7 months (you can see this on their profile by clicking their name on the addon page) I'd suggest it's probably time to find a new set of unit frames. Browse the Unit Mods and oUF Layout categories and look at screenshots (hover for a bigger view, or just click) to find something you think looks good.
08-09-15, 09:30 AM   #3
goldman1337
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Well, "looks nice" is extremely subjective. Personally I'd say whoa Unit Frames are quite ugly, for example.

Pretty much any unit frame addon should turn gray when the mob is tapped.

Since whoa Unit Frames hasn't been updated in several years, and its author hasn't logged into the site in about 7 months (you can see this on their profile by clicking their name on the addon page) I'd suggest it's probably time to find a new set of unit frames. Browse the Unit Mods and oUF Layout categories and look at screenshots (hover for a bigger view, or just click) to find something you think looks good.
that's true =P

for some reason neither shadowed UF nor Stuf did that for me, maybe it's a bug on my part? o_O
08-09-15, 11:02 AM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
for some reason neither shadowed UF nor Stuf did that for me, maybe it's a bug on my part? o_O
If they do things anything like Discord Unit Frames this may be set via some sort of context colour setting.

The target background on DUFs default setup (no the most glamorous) will go grey if someone else has tapped it.
08-09-15, 11:15 AM   #5
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
that's true =P

I could suggest XPerl/ZPerl, if you want something out of the box ready unit frames:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/zperl
08-09-15, 03:04 PM   #6
goldman1337
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
If they do things anything like Discord Unit Frames this may be set via some sort of context colour setting.

The target background on DUFs default setup (no the most glamorous) will go grey if someone else has tapped it.
well, Stuf has it listed as a "never gonna be implemented" feature, dunno about Suf

about x/z-perl:
it has always been really overwhelming for too much addons with too much customization for my tastes tbh
08-09-15, 03:43 PM   #7
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
about x/z-perl:
it has always been really overwhelming for too much addons with too much customization for my tastes tbh
Then DUF probably won't be your friend either unless you find one of the pre-configured layouts that suits you. You might then only need to adjust the context on one or two frames that make up the target to get the tapped re-colouring.

If you don't mind a HUD, then most of those like IceHud also support tapped targets.
08-09-15, 06:01 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

oUF_Neav looks fairly similar to the screenshot on the whoa Unit Frames page.
08-09-15, 06:57 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Showing a mob is tapped can be done through the data texts in Stuf. This is how I used to do it when I used Stuf.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-09-15, 09:59 PM   #10
goldman1337
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Then DUF probably won't be your friend either unless you find one of the pre-configured layouts that suits you. You might then only need to adjust the context on one or two frames that make up the target to get the tapped re-colouring.

If you don't mind a HUD, then most of those like IceHud also support tapped targets.
i've always though a hud would be the best way to get the info i've wanted, never got used to it, dunno why
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
oUF_Neav looks fairly similar to the screenshot on the whoa Unit Frames page.
actually it's more like oUF_Abu, but it doesn't show group number, and for some reason that bothers me a lot lol
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Showing a mob is tapped can be done through the data texts in Stuf. This is how I used to do it when I used Stuf.
really? how? =O
08-10-15, 10:18 AM   #11
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Whoa UnitFrames are actually just Blizzard frames with custom code to move things around and have custom text setups.

oUF_Abu is heavily based off of oUF_Neav so of course all 3 unit frames are going to look fairly similar.

If you really want group numbers you could use oUF_Abu and then take the appropriate code from oUF_Neav to do so.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
08-10-15, 11:59 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
really? how? =O
In the Stuf settings, where you can configure a text area (like the name or health texts), click the button to open up the help window. There you can find instructions for how to use the data texts system. You can have it say something if a mob is tapped, color the text however you like, etc, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-10-15, 04:47 PM   #13
goldman1337
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Whoa UnitFrames are actually just Blizzard frames with custom code to move things around and have custom text setups.

oUF_Abu is heavily based off of oUF_Neav so of course all 3 unit frames are going to look fairly similar.

If you really want group numbers you could use oUF_Abu and then take the appropriate code from oUF_Neav to do so.
i know all that, but i havent had the time to learn LUA

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » updated woah unit frames?