11-19-15, 01:02 PM   #1
DeezeNuts
A Defias Bandit
Item Level Not Reflecting Upgrades in Tooltip

Hello,

I currently use the nSuite series of addons and I have noticed that since the Valor Upgrade patch, items that have been upgraded with Valor currently do not reflect the correct item level via tooltips although the Upgrade Level (0/2, 1/2 & 2/2) does show up.

https://github.com/renstrom/NeavUI/b...es/spellid.lua

I am assuming the problem comes from the spellid.lua module of the nCore addon.

How would I go about fixing it?
11-19-15, 02:00 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The code you linked deals with spells, not items.
Since I don't use the addon, I can't offer any additional insight to its inner workings.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-19-15 at 02:06 PM.
11-19-15, 02:25 PM   #3
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only place I see this dealing with item levels is, unsurprisingly, in nTooltip, and it's the same problem that we had when they introduced item upgrades during siege of orgrimmar: GetItemInfo doesn't return the upgraded item level.

Since item upgrades are similar to enchants, they show up in the item link as bonus IDs and can be used to determine how many levels to add to the base.

Alternatively, the item level is in the tooltip itself and can be parsed out of it without having to identify the bonus IDs, although this requires the item info to be cached and I'm not sure if that would add any delay while inspecting the person.
11-19-15, 02:31 PM   #4
DeezeNuts
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
The only place I see this dealing with item levels is, unsurprisingly, in nTooltip, and it's the same problem that we had when they introduced item upgrades during siege of orgrimmar: GetItemInfo doesn't return the upgraded item level.

Since item upgrades are similar to enchants, they show up in the item link as bonus IDs and can be used to determine how many levels to add to the base.

Alternatively, the item level is in the tooltip itself and can be parsed out of it without having to identify the bonus IDs, although this requires the item info to be cached and I'm not sure if that would add any delay while inspecting the person.

Yea sorry about that, I meant to link to core.lua of nTooltip since it was the only file that referenced GetItemInfo, I have the itemlvl and itemid on the same line on my tooltip so I got confused.

Thank you for the clarification
11-19-15, 03:08 PM   #5
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A library was created for this called LibItemUpgradeInfo, but it wouldn't have the new bonus IDs.

If you want to add them to the upgrade table in core.lua I believe these values should work.
Lua Code:
  1. [529] = { upgrade = 0, max = 2, ilevel = 0 },
  2. [530] = { upgrade = 1, max = 2, ilevel = 5 },
  3. [531] = { upgrade = 2, max = 2, ilevel = 10 },
11-19-15, 03:14 PM   #6
DeezeNuts
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
A library was created for this called LibItemUpgradeInfo, but it wouldn't have the new bonus IDs.

If you want to add them to the upgrade table in core.lua I believe these values should work.
Lua Code:
  1. [529] = { upgrade = 0, max = 2, ilevel = 0 },
  2. [530] = { upgrade = 1, max = 2, ilevel = 5 },
  3. [531] = { upgrade = 2, max = 2, ilevel = 10 },
Thank you for the help. I'll try this out later on.
11-20-15, 08:10 AM   #7
waax420
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you, I posted a thread on reddit about this problem and someone pointed me here.

It worked, however the syntax was a bit different. I had to update the LUA for two addons I use, Examiner and TipTac. Both required identical changes.

Here's a screenshot showing items are updating:

Here's a screenshot of the code I had to add/edit:

Very easy fix, thank you for your help!
11-20-15, 10:58 PM   #8
badness
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by waax420 View Post
Thank you, I posted a thread on reddit about this problem and someone pointed me here.

It worked, however the syntax was a bit different. I had to update the LUA for two addons I use, Examiner and TipTac. Both required identical changes.

Here's a screenshot showing items are updating:

Here's a screenshot of the code I had to add/edit:

Very easy fix, thank you for your help!
This didnt work for me
11-27-15, 01:50 PM   #9
liquidbase
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I turn myself here times with one, because I have a similar problem.

The new upgrades with patch 6.2.3 are displayed according to that is no problem. Unlike the legendary ring. There I always have the problem that the new Item level is not displayed correctly, and thus created a Lua error. Does anyone know of a way that is the Item level displayed there right or how I can rule the ring?

At the moment I have no idea how I could implement this. Thanks for all the help on the issue.
11-28-15, 03:54 PM   #10
liquidbase
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Found a solution for my problem via LibItemUpgradeInfo. Works now perfectly on the UI with the legendary rings.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Item Level Not Reflecting Upgrades in Tooltip