03-26-10, 07:29 AM   #1
Tithulta
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just curious how wide spread this WoW issue is

My guildmates and I ahve been getting "hung" at fully Loaded screen. I assume since most guildies ahve complained this is a Blizzard issue from the patch. I "tried" going to the wow tech support forum a bit earlier and it was down for maintence? lol of course...

RANT RANT RANT

/Rant

Oh btw any know a work around? even one that works "most" of the time would be nice.

Adenum : Just to add some detail i left out, several of us have tried getting on for 15-20 worth of altF4 once it's obviously stuck and trying again. Most it's taken me is 3-4 times. Some guildies have tried for way more.

Last edited by Tithulta : 03-26-10 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Add some detail
03-26-10, 07:38 AM   #2
Feistisalive
Have been getting the same issue on my first log in attempt. A few other guildies have ran into the same issue, so I'm guessing it's on blizzards end.
03-26-10, 08:24 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I had it at my first login attempt, but my 2nd and following login's went perfectly fine

i blame me because i used the "load out of date" bit in the addons screen and forgot to update the updated ones after the patch
03-26-10, 08:25 AM   #4
Raeth
A Kobold Labourer
Same here... although Ive found that it affects one character much more than others. Generally speaking its worse when logging into Northrend.

I find that if I log into one of my characers first, log out, and then try to log into my main its a lot better (or it mihgt be my perception!)
03-26-10, 08:32 AM   #5
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Same issue here, though it happens only once in awhile. It was doing it with addons and w/o addons loaded. I am finding since the 3.3.3 patch when you disconnect from the server it never updates you locally. It will show for party members that you are offline, but you do not get kicked off. I ended up seeing how far I could run on one of my toons when I noticed everyone running in place. I ran from SW to Redridge on foot before before I alt-f4'd to relog. The entire time I was showing offline to guild and on login I was back in SW.
03-26-10, 09:03 AM   #6
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by ReverendD View Post
.....It was doing it with addons and w/o addons loaded.
That was one thing i was wondering. OMG i'd hate to go to blizzard ui just to log in peacefully. Think I'll try leaving my mains in Org/SW and see if that helps as well.
03-26-10, 09:31 AM   #7
caution2
A Kobold Labourer
Same issue

I get this same issue as well. Mostly its when i logout out of one toon and into an ALT. the load screen hangs.
03-26-10, 10:11 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is not a guaranteed fix, but it's something you can try nonetheless. Good luck to those having this issue.. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be!

Power Cycle your modem and router to reset them and allow them to re-establish a connection to your ISP. Please follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:

- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down/unplug the router if you use one.
- Power down/unplug the modem.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds, unplugged.
- Turn on the modem, allow to completely boot up till the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
- Turn on the router, if you have one, and allow to completely boot up as well.
- Start the computer(s) and allow to completely boot up.

If that does not work, try this:

Windows Vista Users: Windows Vista requires that you run the command prompt (DOS shell) in Administrator Mode to perform these functions. To start the DOS shell in admin mode:

- Go to Start/Programs/Accessories and locate the "Command Prompt" shortcut.
- Right click Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu.
- Continue with the Windows XP/2000/98 directions below at step 2.

Windows XP/2000: Release/Renew your IP address and Flush the DNS Resolver Cache:

- Go to Start then Run and type the word "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Run box. A DOS window should open on screen.
- Type: "ipconfig /release" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type: "ipconfig /renew" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Close the DOS window and attempt to make a connection.
03-26-10, 10:24 AM   #9
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
The official topic on this discussion is around 15 pages (+ some other threads) long on WoW-EU and 40 on WoW-US. You're not alone, some in my guild has this problem.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
03-26-10, 10:56 AM   #10
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What has worked for me and every guildie that had the same problem is this procedure:

1. Try to logon the affected character.
2. If you get stuck at full progress bar on login screen, kill the wow client (Alt+F4 for windows)
3. Start up the game again and try to login the same char.

Sofar it works with 100% success.
03-26-10, 11:17 AM   #11
Aerials
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
for me it's only happening the first time logging in after rebooting the pc
03-26-10, 11:30 AM   #12
aFluffyFartBall
Almighty Overlord Fluffy

Premium Member
i sometimes have this.. restart game
03-26-10, 11:41 AM   #13
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I some times have this aswell after restarting pc.
This is what I do and it works every time.

Log out.

Tada!

03-26-10, 03:20 PM   #14
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Playing on EU Server and have the same problem.

Looked on the Tech Forum of ours and all i could read from a Blue was "Delete your WTF and Addon Folder and log in"

Yeah right like that will help but i moved them ind nothing worked.
Its a B**** when this damn Company keeps wanting to roll there mistakes on to us.

Funny thing is this problem was on the PTR as well and was reported and still they copy it over to Life Servers.

Blizzard Live tbh
03-26-10, 04:00 PM   #15
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I've found a workaround that has been working for me since the patch. I did nothing with my addons (besides updating them normally, not turning anything off or whatever) but it seems to be maybe addons plus something in the lag of the area.

THe first time i sign in, if i go directly to my main toon, it sticks on loading screen, full blue bar, forever. I crash out hten go back in directly to my main and it works fine. but i don't like crashing the game once a day so i found something else that works for me.

i have a few bank alts and an auction alt (they all run addons, all use dominoes, auction bot uses auctioneer, and so on, but nowhere near the number of addons my mains do). so, on first login, i simply pick an alt first, in a less-populated area (stormwind, ironforge, theramore, whatever). the alt will load up fine first try, no need to crash out. once it's loaded, i just sign out and then switch over to the main. loads up no prob and no need to crash anything at all, even on the first time playing since reboot.

hope this helps!
03-26-10, 06:40 PM   #16
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
What has worked for me and every guildie that had the same problem is this procedure:

1. Try to logon the affected character.
2. If you get stuck at full progress bar on login screen, kill the wow client (Alt+F4 for windows)
3. Start up the game again and try to login the same char.

Sofar it works with 100% success.
Yesterday this procedure worked for me. Today I spent half an hour trying to
03-26-10, 07:52 PM   #17
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

For what it's worth, one thing I've noticed that seems to be consistent:

When I first load in a character and my add-ons take a very long time to load, chances are I'll end up stuck at the load screen, if I F4/relog and the add-ons seem to load faster (already in memory from last time?), I usually get in.

However, I can switch to another character (alt) on the same server and my add-ons may load very slowly once again...and I also get stuck again.

My guess is it has something to do with add-ons and Blizzard's processing of them. Of course I could be completely wrong and this entire message can be disregarded as a bunch of [CENSORED for your protection].
03-26-10, 09:12 PM   #18
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

This is what worked for me :

Go to the addons folder.

Wipe every Blizzard named folder in there. These will be recreated at boot time. It's possible they aren't being replaced by 3.3.3 compatible versions so this step will recreate them.

I also deleted the cache folder.

Now for the toon that is stuck on the loading screen I would open up the addons screen and click "Disable All". I would also make sure "Load out of Date Addons" was turned off.

I have no idea if this will work for you but this method of manually turning my addons off meant i was able to "rescue" all my toons in stuck in Dalaran and my shammy stuck in ToC.

The new patch 3.3.3a should fix this - wipe the blizzard folders in your addons folder and the cache folder before you login tho just to be safe.

With 3.3.3a I was able to teleport into Dalaran several times without any hold ups at the loading screen with my usual addons enabled and loaded.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
03-27-10, 12:46 AM   #19
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Ipconfig instructions for vista/Seven
Or you could just right click the network icon on your system tray and click "Troubleshoot Problems", does the same thing, as well as checking for other problems that also might be affecting your connection.

Now, back on topic

I have also been getting this issue (Although, not since 3.3.3a was released), and All I'd do was crash wow from the task manager, and log in again, and I'd be fine.
03-27-10, 01:36 PM   #20
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
This is what worked for me :

Go to the addons folder.

Wipe every Blizzard named folder in there. These will be recreated at boot time. It's possible they aren't being replaced by 3.3.3 compatible versions so this step will recreate them.

I also deleted the cache folder.

Now for the toon that is stuck on the loading screen I would open up the addons screen and click "Disable All". I would also make sure "Load out of Date Addons" was turned off.

I have no idea if this will work for you but this method of manually turning my addons off meant i was able to "rescue" all my toons in stuck in Dalaran and my shammy stuck in ToC.

The new patch 3.3.3a should fix this - wipe the blizzard folders in your addons folder and the cache folder before you login tho just to be safe.

With 3.3.3a I was able to teleport into Dalaran several times without any hold ups at the loading screen with my usual addons enabled and loaded.
3.3.3a did not fix it.
removing cache, and Blizzard folders in addons did not fix it.
Flushing DNS, does not fix it.
starting from a cold boot without anything else, does not fix it.
Removing addon's, well since it works later this can not be a problem.

The only thing I have had that works, is killing the process with task-manager, and reloading.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Just curious how wide spread this WoW issue is