03-22-17, 09:36 PM   #1
GERtuDaDew
A Kobold Labourer
Notifications Triggered from Encounter Time

Hey everyone,

I have a idea for an AddOn that I could use some help with. Ideally, this will be an extension of DBM so I can have my guild drop it into their DBM folder and start using it right away.

General Idea / MVP: Healers know when to cast major and minor cooldowns.

1. Encounter starts
2. Stopwatch / fight duration timer starts
3. Notifications are triggered at certain time intervals

Further Explanation & Use Case:

Bosses have predefined abilities. Healers have predefined rotations for major and minor cooldowns. Warcraftlogs tracks spell cast times.

I want to:

1. Pull a query for high performing healing logs using identical healing class comp to ours, from warcraftlogs
2. Extract the spell cast times for each healer
3. Drop those times into .lua files
4. Have alerts trigger at specific times, letting healers know when to cast spells most effectively, based on high parsing logs of similar ilvl / talents / comp / etc.
5. Viola, a decent guideline for when to cast spells like the pros!

I've already gotten this to work in WeakAuras based off of a timer a helpful person gave me, but it has its limitations in what it can do.

Here's a rough idea of what I'm looking for based on what I've seen in DBM(not real code)

Code:
local warnCastMajorSpellExample           = mod:NewSpecialWarningCast(spellid/icon, "Spirit Link Now!", spellid/icon)
local warnCastMinorSpellExample		= mod:NewAnnounce(spellid/icon, "Recall Cloudburst Totem", spellid/icon)

local shamCastCloudBurstTotem = {13, 56, 118}
local shamCastRecallCloudBursTotem = {16, 63, 123}
local shamCastAscendance = {115, 230}
local shamCastSpiritLink = {58, 228}
The {} include the times to look for to trigger the notifications. The mod: recalls to DBM core for the parameters of the type of warning. Past this, I started learning code last week and am still very, very green.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Notifications Triggered from Encounter Time