09-18-14, 01:53 PM   #1
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lui pack problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Lui addon pack. I have been using lui since cata and now i have first problem.

I'm leveling my paladin and when I log in to the game - (login screen) the game stop working and Wow Retail don't answer and I have to exit game.

I tried to reinstall addons, game and ask GM what's going on, but he tell me it's addon problem.

I have no idea what's wrong, hope you guys could help me fix it.
09-18-14, 03:20 PM   #2
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you already tryed to do a reset of your addons? If not than do a BACKUP(!) of your Interface and WTF folder in a other directory or even rename the folders with a "backup" or "2" at the end. After that you can simple delete the old ones and start WoW again.

If you still cant login its not a addon based problem
09-18-14, 03:32 PM   #3
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I can login without addons in to game.

Only when i have addons started the problem exist.
09-18-14, 03:36 PM   #4
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When i put my lui interface into game addons folder, the game normaly started, but when i try to restart wow, the game doesn't work and Wow Retail don't answer and I have to exit game by CRTL + ALT + DELETE.
09-18-14, 03:37 PM   #5
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

You just did install Lui or something else? If you didnt already tryed you could disable every Addon and sub Addon before logging in to check out which Addon or which part of Lui is the problem That may can help us to help you Otherwise you could try to ask the developer or post in his forums if thre is something like that.
09-18-14, 03:40 PM   #6
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have only lui installed
09-18-14, 03:41 PM   #7
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I mean lui pack but it can by only lui cuz i pay 1 day without lui and i have recount and omen downloaded.
09-18-14, 03:46 PM   #8
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think my lui is doing something with WoW Retail cuz game only crush when i login to some location. For example when i have to login when i start the game (login screen) and when i move to other location like dungeon
09-18-14, 03:59 PM   #9
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Or maybe system? Cuz i used lui for a long time and from 2 days only problem happen, and i also reinstall addons and wow.
09-18-14, 04:19 PM   #10
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would also add that problem only exist on my paladin ! other alts are fine.
09-18-14, 09:58 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Even though LUI is one download, it's actually a package containing multiple addons.

Based on your description, it sounds like an addon is locking up the game with an infinite loop. The only way to find out which addon is doing it is to disable all of your addons, and then enable them one by one, logging in after each one, until the lockup happens. Then disable everything except the last addon you enabled, to make sure it's only a problem with that addon, and not a problem with that addon conflicting with another.

Since you said the problem only happens on your paladin, it's probably either (a) an addon you only use on your paladin, or (b) is a problem with the specific settings you use for the addon on your paladin. Once you find out which addon it is, try removing that addon's saved settings in both of the following locations if they exist:

World of Warcraft > WTF > Account > 123456789#1 > SavedVariables > AddonName.lua
World of Warcraft > WTF > Account > 123456789#1 > Realm Name > Charactername > SavedVariables > AddonName.lua

(Change 123456789#1 to whatever your account folder is called.)

You may also want to post on the LUI website as linked on the LUI download page:
http://www.wowlui.com/index.php/forum
09-19-14, 02:50 AM   #12
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I do what you tell me Phanx, and it works ! Thank you so much, the reason was addon recount and omen ! I Have no idea how it could be but without them all works !
09-19-14, 02:51 AM   #13
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What should i do? Install other threat meter and dps meter?
09-19-14, 02:58 AM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

If it's Recount, the problem might be that you're saving too much data, and your computer isn't able to handle it. If you can load Recount by itself after deleting its saved settings, go into the options window and make sure the checkboxes under "death log" and "time data" are unchecked.

Also, if you can log in with the saved settings deleted, try installing BugSack to see if it catches any error messages during loading.

And finally, make sure that you have the latest versions of all your addons. Either check all their download pages by hand, or install the Curse Client to check for and install updates automatically. You should even update the individual addons that you downloaded with LUI, since they might have been updated since the last time the LUI author updated the bundle.

If you want to try alternatives, I don't know of any alternatives to Omen, but I don't think you don't really need a threat meter these days anyway. There are lots of alternatives to Recount, though, especially if you just want a simple list of damage done, and don't need all the details it collects. Try Skada, Details, Numeration, alDamageMeter, etc.
09-19-14, 03:25 AM   #15
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It's recount itself but i can't find the thing you are talking about. Could you explain one more time?
09-19-14, 04:57 AM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

Are you able to log in when:
1. you have deleted the Recount saved settings file(s), and
2. Recount is on the only addon enabled?

If so:

1. Type "/recount config" or click the gear icon on the Recount window.
2. Click the "Data" tab at the top of the config window that pops up.
3. On the left is a grid of check boxes. The icons at the top tell you what each column does. Hover over them to find the columns for "Record Time Data" and "Record Deaths" and "Record Buffs/Debuffs".
4. Uncheck all the boxes in those columns.

If they're already all unchecked, or you can't log in even when Recount is the only addon enabled, and you're 100% sure you have the latest version of Recount then I don't really know what else to suggest.
09-19-14, 03:37 PM   #17
Dracor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok i fix all with your help ! Thank you guys

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lui pack problem