06-02-14, 12:41 PM   #1
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Question MultiAuction_LastPrice

Hi there,

Could someone look into MultiAuction_LastPrice addon please?

It seems Odlaw gone inactive for a while and I'm just looking for someone who can edit his tiny but very useful addon to remember AH last prices per server. It now remembers the very last price you typed in no matter what server you are on, but when you run AH businesses on multiple realms (with different economies) and it would be fantastic and quite useful if the addon could remember item AH prices for each realms separately. With this modification players wont be ended up retyping the values of the same items over and over on every single realm. This may save hours of playtime.

If this is too much work for a simple lua editing can you recommend any other addon that does the same things?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by Voxxel : 06-03-14 at 11:31 PM.
06-29-14, 02:15 AM   #2
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Still looking for an alternative to remember item prices per server if the title addon cannot be fixed easily.
06-29-14, 06:09 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Replace the Core.lua file with the attached one. It's completely untested, so you may want to back up your saved variables before using it.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Core.lua (10.6 KB, 207 views)
06-30-14, 06:41 AM   #4
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thank you very much Phanx, it seems to work perfectly on the first blink.
I don't even had to backup the existing saved variables.
11-07-14, 08:48 AM   #5
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
With the last major patch 6.0.x this addon seems to be broken, it does not remember any of the prices.

Would you help me with some code fixing please? I hope it's not so difficult or time consuming.

Thank you in advance!
11-07-14, 08:46 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Well first of all, the auction house is no longer split between factions; both factions (and the neutral AHs) are buying and selling in the same pool of auctions. So, everywhere you see "factionrealm" you can change that to just "realm", though this shouldn't actually be breaking anything.

Secondly, it's looking for reforge data in item links, but that no longer exists.

Try the attached (totally untested) file.

Also, you may want to consider switching to an auction addon that's not abandoned.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Core.lua (8.8 KB, 154 views)
11-09-14, 06:37 AM   #7
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thanks, Phanx, however it doesn't seem to work. I also deleted the wtf lua file then the addon generated a new one but it still doesn't save the prices into that file for some reason.

Code:
MultiAuction_LastPriceDB = {
	["profileKeys"] = {
		["Myahguy - Arathor"] = "Default",
	},
	["profiles"] = {
		["Default"] = {
		},
	},
}
As I remember the addon saved all the items/prices to here automatically right after each AH posts. So when I posted a stack of Swiftness Potion for 117.5g bid / 180g bo and have put another stack right after the addon used that last price immediately even without relog or closing the AH panel. Now it doesn't remember any of the price infos even after relog / restart. I don't see any visible changes about that by using the core.lua you sent unfortunately.

Also, I should use external Ace3 from http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/ for LastPrice's required dependency, MultiAuction otherwise it produces a lot lua errors, I don't know if that matters in this case or not.

I would be so happy if I could change to a non-abandoned AH addon just didn't find anything with the same functions:

To allow to put multiple items to AH at once and remember the bid/buyout price I used last time for items I post on each realms.

If there's any addon that knows these please let me know.

Last edited by Voxxel : 11-09-14 at 06:54 AM.
11-09-14, 07:10 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Voxxel View Post
To allow to put multiple items to AH at once and remember the bid/buyout price I used last time for items I post on each realms..
If you only need to be able to put multiple auctions of the same item (eg. drop 25 potions and tell it to make 5 auctions of 5 potions each, or 3 auctions of 7 potions and keep the leftovers, etc.) then AuctionLite will do that.

It doesn't reuse the last price you used, though; instead, when you list an item, it looks at all the currently active listings for that item (and shows them to you) and suggests a price based on that. You can configure the % it should undercut by, and it will ignore outliers (eg. if there are 100 auctions for 10g each and 1 for 1g it will ignore the 1g one when suggesting a price).
11-09-14, 08:54 AM   #9
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I need to put various different standalone items usually without stacks. Weapons, gear, old-time BoEs, sometimes mounts, etc. I'm not interested in undercuts at all because my items are rare enough and there are usually no any competitors, so I just need a fixed price that I can set so I don't have to type it over and over for all my 1234 items again and again. That's why MultiAuction+LastPrice is incredibly fitting to me.
11-09-14, 09:15 AM   #10
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
IIRC Auctionlite allows you to enter fixed prices, too.
11-09-14, 09:39 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Yes, and if there are no other auctions of the item you're putting up, it'll remember the last price it saw for an auction of that item, and fill that in by default, but you can always set your own price if you want.

It doesn't have the multi-panel like the screenshot you posted, but you might give it a try anyway and see if you can live with it. Even if it's slightly less "what you want" it's probably better than relying on abandoned code.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-09-14 at 09:41 AM.
11-09-14, 09:42 AM   #12
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
That's great! Does AuctionLite works with MultiAuction then? Or there's a way in AL to put many auctions at "once" just like in MA?
11-09-14, 09:49 AM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

I think you posted while I was editing my post, so I'll just copy/paste into a new post so you see it.

It doesn't have the multi-panel like the screenshot you posted, but you might give it a try anyway and see if you can live with it. Even if it's slightly less "what you want" it's probably better than relying on abandoned code.

It would also be possible to write a plug-in for AuctionLine to add another panel like that, but I am absolutely not volunteering.
11-09-14, 10:07 AM   #14
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ok, I got it. I'll try AL once I get to home. However I'd also be good with an abandoned code if it could be hotfixed to work somehow with 6.0. I mean if someone would quick-fix it it could work for the full length of WoD. Just like in MoP, someone fixed for 5.0 then it worked for a good 1.5 years. So I'm still crossing my fingers :P
11-09-14, 10:42 AM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

Well, apparently I'd have to install the addon and do more extensive debugging to fix it this time (probably something in the auction API changed) and I just have too much of my own stuff to work on right now. :/
11-09-14, 11:55 AM   #16
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Voxxel View Post

Ok, I got it. I'll try AL once I get to home. However I'd also be good with an abandoned code if it could be hotfixed to work somehow with 6.0. I mean if someone would quick-fix it it could work for the full length of WoD. Just like in MoP, someone fixed for 5.0 then it worked for a good 1.5 years. So I'm still crossing my fingers :P
I understand your reluctance to use another add-on once you're used to using one, I too had to drop some add ons with WoD rolling out.

What we're trying to say nicely; is that the add-on you're using is most likely not going to be fixed - almost everything in it needs to be changed. There's no quick fix possible for this add-on.
11-09-14, 12:14 PM   #17
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
There's no quick fix possible for this add-on.
There may indeed be a quick one-line fix, but the problem is that I'd have to do actual work to find that out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MultiAuction_LastPrice