09-13-17, 04:51 AM   #1
CC_WOW
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Nonstandard date format settings are broken?

I'm a filthy European and I would love to not be confused by the misleading date format that is the US standard :P

Unfortunately, no matter what settings I pick - 12h or 24h, US, EU, or ISO - it will only display the US standard format and I can't get it to change.

Maybe it is working for everybody else and I just did something wrong?
09-14-17, 07:49 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Very strange, yeah it looks like it stopped working and I don't see anything obvious that would cause this. Will need some time to troubleshoot this.

Thanks for the heads up.
09-14-17, 08:21 AM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Found the issue, should be fixed now.

Just FYI there is an issue with the dates on our news but it should work most other places.
09-18-17, 09:28 AM   #4
CC_WOW
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yep, looks like the format was fixed. My only gripe now is that the "European" date format doesn't look very European :P

What I mean is, most countries in Europe seem to be using a DD.MM.YYYY format and not DD/MM/YYYY (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country and also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_a...tion_in_Europe), although there seems to be a lot of different standards. It's a minor gripe, but maybe you could add some variety here?

If it doesn't take too much time, that is - I can always use the ISO format, which is okay-ish and doesn't look as outlandish as the current "European DD/MM/YYYY one.

Edit: The official Battle.net forums use this format for eu.battle.net -> DD Short(Month) YYYY - which also looks acceptable.
09-18-17, 02:59 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Ok changed it to dots, do you really want 4 digits for the year though?
09-18-17, 11:49 PM   #6
CC_WOW
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I don't really mind those, but that's personal preference. I doubt there is one format to rule them all! That's why I suggested adding some alternatives instead of changing the existing format. If you do change them, the description should likely be updated, though!

Anyway, thanks for the service. I am quite impressed and feel almost bad for being picky

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Nonstandard date format settings are broken?