06-28-11, 11:19 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Question Please, increase number of Visited Vendors history

Very often, I use Carboniteaddon to help me find a previously-visited Vendor (when I am trying to purchase something in particular). It is a wonderful feature, and is very helpful.

However, I noticed today that the 'list' only includeds the last 12 Vendors. That is not nearly enough to be practical.

(Maybe I'm wrong, but I kinda' remember back about a year or more, that the list included ALL previously-visited Vendors)?

Nevertheless, please... increase the number, and if possible, allow the list to include ALL Vendors (their locations, types of goods, etc.) that I have visited.

06-28-11, 11:46 AM   #2
3ICE
A Murloc Raider

When disabling this feature I found that I could increase the limit up to 99 vendors. Should be enough for you.
(I set mine to 1 though as I already remember all vendors I visit without the help of an addon. Too bad it can't be set it to zero to completely disable the feature...)
The setting you are looking for is called Maximum vendors to record

Edit: Good news! I found a line which suggests to me that the limit is 1000 vendors now.
Code:
local maC1=min(max(1,opt["GuideVendorVMax"]),1000)
I still wish it was
Code:
local maC1=min(max(0,opt["GuideVendorVMax"]),1000)
though.

Last edited by 3ICE : 06-28-11 at 11:49 AM. Reason: GuideVendorVMax

06-28-11, 11:53 AM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you, 3ICE for your quick reply. I'm sure that code you offered means something to someone who knows what to do with it. But, I have no idea how to incorporate it.

I didn't ask, but have I overlooked a setting in Carbonite (which would allow me to increase the number of Visted Vendors)? If I did, please advise me where to find that setting.

EDITED: This Carbonite link...:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/GuideFeatures.shtml

... has the following statement:
"Visited Vendor - The last 12 vendors you talked to and the items they had."

I think it's about the 6th paragraph down from the top. After reading that, I posted my Topic here.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Kreelor : 06-28-11 at 12:03 PM.

06-28-11, 07:35 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonites options to the "Guide" page. You can change the amount of vendors to record by clicking on that line, and changing the value in the "Maximum vendors to record" edit box that opens, and clicking the "Accept" button.

I currently have mine set to 100, but apparently you can set it as high as 1000.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-28-11, 08:53 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you, Jeffy162! My apologies for not knowing that particular option was available. I should have known. I appreciate the info and your reply.

Topic can be closed now.

06-28-11, 11:15 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Really, there are so many ways to customize Carbonite, and so many different places to change options at, that I sometimes think even the developers occasionally get "lost".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-29-11, 07:03 AM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
"Cain't say as I've ever been lost. But oncet I was mighty confused for three days." -- Daniel Boone, American frontiersman (1734-1820)

07-03-11, 10:34 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
"Cain't say as I've ever been lost. But oncet I was mighty confused for three days." -- Daniel Boone, American frontiersman (1734-1820)

Yep. And the Daniel Boone Homestead is not for from where I live.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Please, increase number of Visited Vendors history