01-20-11, 04:39 PM   #1
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Rift beta keys

I've been playing rift some and its been a lot of fun. I just noticed my friends at ZAM are giving away VIP keys... http://www.zam.com/giveaways/rift.html . I believe beta 5 of rift will start Jan 25th.

The game is a fantasy based MMO that is one of the most stable beta's I have ever played. The quests are quite linear but the rifts are very fun. It's also cool you can configure 3 souls to be what ever you want... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html . I only got to level 14 so I don't know what end game is like. It's worth a try during beta, not something that could replace your wow habit I don't think but its a good getaway.

It's good to see a decent MMO that is basically finished and polished before launch. All these other ones that have launched in the past couple years have been train wrecks.
01-20-11, 05:09 PM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks, Dolby, and thanks to ZAM! I was hoping to get some keys for this sometime. It looks like it has a bit of potential.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
01-20-11, 05:45 PM   #3
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I was invited but never attended beta 3. Beta 4 was fun and had me off of WoW all three days
01-20-11, 07:02 PM   #4
Sythalin
Curse staff

I've participated in 2 betas so far and can truly state that the game is pretty solid. It's not the fabled "WoW-Killer" that the fanboys like to screen for, but it will most certainly hold it's own. I recommend to everyone to at least give it a try.
02-10-11, 05:38 PM   #5
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
I played a little in Beta 5, and a lot in Beta 6. RIFT is everything I ever wanted WoW to be. It's not gonna kill WoW, but it is, at least for me, a better gameplay experience than WoW was.

Open Beta from the 15th to the 21st, if you're curious.
02-12-11, 03:10 AM   #6
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Quick question , are we gonna have RiftInterface? like wowinterface??
Thanks in advance
02-12-11, 09:31 AM   #7
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Last time I checked, they were not sure if they are going to allow addons anytime soon. However it seems they also use lua and it seems to me they will eventually allow for addons at some point in the future.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

02-12-11, 12:32 PM   #8
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Last time I checked, they were not sure if they are going to allow addons anytime soon. However it seems they also use lua and it seems to me they will eventually allow for addons at some point in the future.
Do they use lua? If so, that's certainly a big sign in favor of eventual addons.

The community there is FULL of loud complaints about how horrible all addons are, how horrible flying mounts are, and so on. Interestingly, flying mounts completely ruined WoW, addons completely ruined WoW, gearscore in particular completely ruined WoW (even though it was fine with other addons and with flying mounts...), and so on.

I would guess that they will eventually do an addon mechanism with some limitations, though they may be different from the limitations in WoW. They do want very much to prevent botting. I can hope, anyway. Writing addons is the one thing I still miss about WoW.
02-23-11, 04:07 PM   #9
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
An update, one of the bloggers who got to go out and visit them reported that the UI team were definitely planning to do an addon API, but weren't ready to announce details. Basically, they want to let people mess with the UI, they don't want botting.

FWIW, I'll be probably on Faeblight (both sides), so if people wanna say hi, that's a place to look. Looks like the Zam people (wowhead, etc) are going to be on Wolfsbane.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Rift beta keys