03-03-16, 09:42 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Firefox 44.0.2 64 bit, Win 10, and AddOn screenshots

Recently I noticed that AddOns with multiple screenshots were only loading the first image, with no < > to scroll. Or was that "next" and "previous"? Either way, I no longer can load the other images.

For example, oUF LS has six screenshots, yet I can only load the primary image. I do not see this same problem on any other site; meaning I can do image searches in Google or load and scroll through Curse correctly.

Okay, as I was typing this, I thought to link to oUF LS. I am using Wowinterface's advanced editor, selected text, and hit the URL link icon ... which did nothing. In fact, none of the icons do anything. I can't select font, style, bullet points, links, attach images, add code links, etc. Nothing.

Is anyone else able to replicate these issues on Wowinterface?

Firefox 64 bit 44.0.2
AdBlock Plus 2.7.2 updated February 24, 2016
Windows 10 Insider Preview 14271 (saw this issue on last two builds as well)
03-03-16, 10:24 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I think I've heard other people say adblock was blocking our lightbox javascript causing this to happen with the images. So try putting in an exception for that and see if it works for you. Maybe also add an exception for the editor javascript.
03-03-16, 11:02 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmm, that might be the issue. I looked at my AdBlock preferences, and couldn't see any reference to lightbox java. That doesn't mean it isn't there, only that I couldn't spot it.

Any chance of a guide or step-by-step for help?
03-03-16, 01:15 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I don't use an ad blocker so I can't help you. I just know other people have told me it has happened to them.

I would first try by disabling the ad block all together and see if things work. If they work then you know for sure its the adblock and then you can work on figuring out how to get it to stop blocking some of our javascript.

Since you're an AddOn author you could just whitelist our site on your adblock. We do not display ads on AddOn author accounts.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-03-16 at 01:20 PM.
03-03-16, 02:25 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have the same version of Firefox running the same version of AdBlock Plus. AdBlock is active on the site and I don't see any problems. The Previous and Next buttons show up when you move your mouse toward the associated side of the image.
03-04-16, 08:19 AM   #6
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The Previous and Next buttons show up when you move your mouse toward the associated side of the image.
That's what used to happen for years. Like I said, only recently, say the last couple of weeks, both have disappeared for me.

Now what happens is similar to you clicking an image to see a larger version. No Next or Previous. I am going to temporarily disable AdBlock and test.
03-04-16, 08:21 AM   #7
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, disabling AdBlock made Next and Previous work again. Now to figure out what is going wrong, because I simply won't browse the internet without an ad blocker.
03-04-16, 03:15 PM   #8
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Posting an update. I disabled AdBlock, and images worked properly. Then I enabled AdBlock, and again images worked properly.

After that, I powered down the computer and got some sleep. Now it isn't working again, so I posted a false positive bug report to AdBlock.

Interestingly, everything works as intended on Wowhead, Curse, and images.google.ca, along with Facebook and Twitter. The issue seems to be localized to Wowinterface. Weird that your sister site functions as it should.

If there are further updates, I will let you know.
03-04-16, 03:40 PM   #9
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We use an older version of jquery lightbox. It's possible that got accidently flagged? The new design thats coming will have an updated version of lightbox for the images. I wonder if its site specific as our Elder Scrolls Online site uses the same code. Does it happen to you there? http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...tinations.html

Just FYI we are no longer owned by ZAM network / Wowhead. We are back to being self owned. Nothing against them (they are great sites) just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-04-16 at 03:45 PM.
03-05-16, 07:58 PM   #10
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Yes, disabling AdBlock made Next and Previous work again. Now to figure out what is going wrong, because I simply won't browse the internet without an ad blocker.
I don't use AdBlock Plus anymore, but it should have a window somethere that docks to the bottom of the page by default that shows you all elements that have been blocked in red. If it is a filtering problem you should find it there.

There's also uBlock Origin if you want to try another adblocker.
03-06-16, 07:26 AM   #11
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I wonder if its site specific as our Elder Scrolls Online site uses the same code. Does it happen to you there? http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...tinations.html
I just tested the link, and yes, the problem exists there as well.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Just FYI we are no longer owned by ZAM network / Wowhead. We are back to being self owned. Nothing against them (they are great sites) just wanted to let you know.
I did read that, and forgot. Sorry!
03-08-16, 08:37 AM   #12
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I simply whitelisted Wowinterface, and that has done the trick. So far(tm).

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Firefox 44.0.2 64 bit, Win 10, and AddOn screenshots