06-10-10, 11:59 AM   #1
Mock
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bar change on target

Hey, I've been looking around after an addon or something around that which changed my main actionbar on target, lets say I'm a priest with both healing and damage spells.

When I'm not targeting anything or when i target a unit i can harm it should show the normal bar with damage spells. (Bar 1)

When I'm targeting a target i can heal or holding down the selfcast key (would be "alt" for me) it should show the healing spell bar. (Bar 2)

I know it is possible with some addons like dominos, but i want to use the standard ui actionbar or rather nmainbar. Anyone know if that's possible or am I forced to make a bunch of macros?

Mock

Last edited by Mock : 06-11-10 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Better explanation
06-12-10, 11:25 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should be able to accomplish that with both Dominos and Bartender4.
06-12-10, 01:28 PM   #3
Chimaine
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You should be able to accomplish that with both Dominos and Bartender4.
Originally Posted by Mock View Post
but i want to use the standard ui actionbar or rather nmainbar.
I don't know any addon that accomplish this. But I'll take a look how Bartender and Dominios handle their macro conditions. Maybe I can patch something up.

ATTN! A german writing english!
06-12-10, 02:03 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Dominos can handle all conditions you could use in macros, like [exists] or [combat]. I'm not quite sure if it can also switch the bar on a condition, though. It can hide/show a bar, at least.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-12-10, 02:46 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It can. My bar pages if I'm targeting a friendly with the [help] conditional.

/edit: actually, that's not even done with the conditionals section of the options for that bar... But a different page. Still....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-12-10, 07:08 PM   #6
Mock
A Black Drake
Thanks for the help guys, looks dark for my little wish

And yeah looks like dominos works (after the way i set it up) to show normaly show bar 1, but if [help] or [mod:SELFCAST] it puts bar 2 instead. Not sure the addon uses hi-tech macro editing function or just changes bar though. If that's true I'm most probably stuck with dominos..
06-12-10, 07:29 PM   #7
Way
A Murloc Raider
May not be what you are after, but could you not just make macros?

for example

/#showtooltip
/cast [mod alt, @self] Heal; [harm] Smite ; Heal

if done that way when you hit alt it will heal you, if the target is harmful it will cast smite, if you target a friendly unit (or have no target) it will heal.
06-13-10, 12:14 PM   #8
Vrul
A Scalebane Royal Guard

You could try something like:

Code:
local states = "[bar:2][bar:1,mod:SELFCAST][bar:1,mod:FOCUSCAST,@focus,help][bar:1,help] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; 1"

local header = CreateFrame('Frame', nil, MainMenuBarArtFrame, 'SecureHandlerStateTemplate')
header:SetAllPoints()
header:SetAttribute("_onstate-page", "self:SetAttribute('actionpage', tonumber(newstate))")

for index = 1, 12 do
	_G['ActionButton' .. index]:SetParent(header)
end

RegisterStateDriver(header, 'page', states)
That is purely dry coded so it may or may not work. You can modify the first line to fit your needs. For example, if you have enabled all of Blizzard's action bars then you can remove the "[bar:3] 3" ... "[bar:6] 6" stuff. If you don't use focus casting you can remove "[bar:1,mod:FOCUSCAST,@focus,help]".
06-13-10, 12:33 PM   #9
Mock
A Black Drake
Thanks Vrul

I'll try it out and see if i get something out of it

And yeah, I already had some macros set up but damn, they consume space. Would be better to have a code, won't consume so much time setting up.
06-14-10, 04:58 AM   #10
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Dominos for sure. You may have to ck the Domino Wiki page because that is where I found this:

Here are the following conditions you can switch a bar on, and in what order they are checked:

* 'Modifier' Down: Occurs when you press control, alt, or shift. Sliders for these pages are listed under Modifiers
* Quick Page 'Number': Occurs when you press a paging binding. These are bound, by default, to shift + 1-6 and shift + mouse wheel. Shift + 1 returns to your normal state. Sliders for these pages are listed under Quick Paging.
* Prowl (Druids Only): Occurs when prowling.
* Stances, Forms, Stealth: Occurs when you're in Defensive stance, Cat form, stealth, etc. Listed under the class name they're applicable to.
* Friendly/Enemy/No Target: Occurs when you're targeting a friendly or enemy target. Listed under targeting.
The trick is you'll need to focus on the possession bar.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Bar change on target