11-09-10, 01:53 AM   #21
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've always played alliance, and can concur - I found horde to generally be nicer folks. Don't know why, but it's like every kid in town plays alliance.

I only go Alli because of my friends - they all opted for Alliance

My personal favorite races are Trolls and Tauren, and Draenei for their tails :P
11-09-10, 07:26 PM   #22
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

I started out alliance because of the elves....started playing horde with bc, well because of the elves.....

The elves were my daughter's & my favorite race in the warcraft games so we kind of naturally gravitated towards elves when we started playing WoW too. I really like the lore behind them too. The lore is why I play horde more often than alliance too. I'm not a raider though either. I just like to play (I actually read the quest stuff when I do them, at least the first time). I'm more looking forward to leveling a new character with cataclysm than worrying about the race to 85 with one of my current 80s. My daughter has been known to give me a hard time about my tendency to start working on a lower level toon as soon as I hit 80 lol.
11-16-10, 10:08 PM   #23
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Any of you veterans ever have a feeling where you are tired of being Alliance and just want to switch to the dark side to have a different view of the game?
Who said Horde is the dark side? It's quite untrue, given all the past history of them both.
They all are stupid, selfish jerks. Which side you play, is only a show of your taste and general brain sanity.
11-30-10, 06:46 PM   #24
bestwarrior
A Fallenroot Satyr

i've played on both Alliance and Horde, but originally started out as Horde. Now i regularly play Alliance since all my friends are on there . I guess it really depends on which races you like more and which side your friends are on. Personally i think both sides have great lore and have good people

12-06-10, 06:50 AM   #25
Kimmik
Support Addon Writers

I started out horde straight out of beta.. now I am alliance... Having a blast except for the stupid towns... why do they have to so mean.... but I am loving discovering all the differences...
12-21-10, 01:17 PM   #26
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Any of you veterans ever have a feeling where you are tired of being Alliance and just want to switch to the dark side to have a different view of the game?

I'm starting to go through that **** and it's costing me more money each time. I did it once and then got suckered back for a friend who needed a tank to lead ICC. Of course that turned into total mess so I joined a top guild on my server and blew through ICC 10/25 like a fat kid eating cake.

Now I'm back to the same feeling-- wanting to go to Horde. I actually sent an app into one of the top guilds for horde on my realm to see if they were interested. They had an opening for a very skilled Tankadin to finish out their team and prepare for Cata.

I just don't know what to do. Part of me has a love for Alliance since it was my choice from the very first beta days of Vanilla-- but then part of me goes "You need some change-- a new scenery-- a new life!".

This is so damn tough LOL.
horde is not the dark side...
12-21-10, 02:02 PM   #27
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

There is no good or bad in WOW. Only grey areas. Neither side is good or bad. Each side has views and specific goals. Sometimes these goals conflict with each other. However, you cannot immediately judge Horde to be evil and Alliance to be good. This is clearly wrong and all based on opinion. Primarily because each sides views the other has the 'evil' side.

Suffice to say go with what you want to play. Enjoy the game.

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }
12-27-10, 12:30 PM   #28
tranthy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
There is no good or bad in WOW. Only grey areas. Neither side is good or bad. Each side has views and specific goals. Sometimes these goals conflict with each other. However, you cannot immediately judge Horde to be evil and Alliance to be good.
AMEN to that brother !

Always loved alliance and will forever be an alliance !
FOR THE ALLIANCE !
12-30-10, 01:17 AM   #29
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
I am recently a reroll to Horde - been Alliance for years (both kids went alliance so I did too). I have to say I'm a bit disappointed, though. The Horde story line is much more complete and in-depth than the Alliance.

The new quests are pretty fun on the Horde, as well. Lots of story in them.

I find there to be just as many bad pvpers, ninja looters and all around morons on Horde as Alliance, but that's just an observation. I've had the good fortune to run into a lot of very nice people on both sides - one of whom has turned into a close friend, even though we've never met physically.

As to which side? Barrens chat. Goldshire doesn't come close.
12-30-10, 02:10 AM   #30
Sythalin
Curse staff

I get that feeling every time I enter a BG on our server as Alliance. As it stands, we rack about 75% loss rate. The alliance in the battlegroup are just that bad at PvP. Already have a new "main" on the horde side of my server waiting for me to finish up gearing my alli.

And I have to agree; I'd like to thank my RL friends for choosing the side for me.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Alliance or Horde -- why so tough?