06-24-16, 08:50 AM   #1
Siven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mainactionbar scale + Sideaction bar move and scale addon

Is there an addon that allows you to scale the Main action bar, and also move and scale the Right side action bars, that isnt the moveanything addon?

I like the default action bars but just want to re scale them and not everything but cant find another mod other than moveanything that does this, and moveanything acts really wierd for me.
06-24-16, 10:36 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sure, but you are going to have to get an action bar replacement to get it.

Bartender4 Bartender4 on WoWI.

Bartender4 Bartender4 on Curse.com.

It doesn't matter which site you download from. It has the same date on both. Currently.

Bartender4 has a very Blizzard-like appearance when you use the default settings. I think that's what it is, anyway. It has been a few years since I used it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-24-16 at 10:42 AM.
06-24-16, 12:41 PM   #3
kaimox
A Fallenroot Satyr
Also CTmod does this, without replacing the default bars. CTmod is a classic, I use it for nearly ten years now, but with my numerous alts the saved variables get to big (and cleaning them up is too much work). I definitely keep it for my mains but I need something small and simple for my alts.
I would like to just either move or scale but I'm stuck with whatever code I try. I made a post in the luahelp section about it but so far nobody came around to help.
Keep looking at my thread http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=53768 if somebody comes around to help I might be able to figure something out.

Actually, my code is already working, as long as you don't use one of the addons it's conflicting with.
Create a directory named MyScale in your addon folder. Inside it create 2 files named myscale.lua and myscale.toc.
myscale.lua :
MainMenuBar:SetScale(0.9)
-- 0.9 means 90%, edit this to your liking
myscale.toc :
## Title: MyScale
## Interface: 60200
## Author: me, myself and I
## X-Credits: kaimox :-)

myscale.lua
That's a quick and dirty hack but it should work (caveat other addons). If I get any help in my other thread I could maybe produce something better.

Last edited by kaimox : 06-24-16 at 01:04 PM.
07-23-16, 12:35 AM   #4
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Posting to get notified on this

My husband has vision issues, and hates addons (tho I've convinced him on some). Something that would make the action bars / buttons bigger so he could see them would be wonderful. Changing the scale of the entire UI makes too many things too big.
07-23-16, 11:40 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did the code in the post above yours not work?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-24-16, 04:12 AM   #6
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Barleduq View Post
My husband has vision issues, and hates addons (tho I've convinced him on some). Something that would make the action bars / buttons bigger so he could see them would be wonderful. Changing the scale of the entire UI makes too many things too big.
Your Husband can use Bartender4 and Leatrix Plus for having blizzlike bars and player/target/etc frames resized to whatever scale he needs them, also the bars can be adjusted to be one/two/three/more bars, narrow or wide or plain classic, with or without griffins, etc.:

http://imgur.com/a/JGpEn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mainactionbar scale + Sideaction bar move and scale addon