11-21-14, 12:49 AM   #1
Tegara
A Murloc Raider
Addon to expedite finished missions

Hi,

I'm loving WoD and the whole Followers/Missions thingy but...

Whenever I log in i've got at least x4 toons who all have about 6 or more completed missions that have to be finalised. At first I thought the whole animation of the followers going jumpy jumpy and punching the air was kinda cute but now it's just time consuming.

Is there an addon that could once I open the mission table, with just one click, it will just complete everything without having to do it for each and every follower? I'm not even slightly interested if the missions failed or not cause I often send followers on missions with a low seccess rate just to earn the base XP.

Thanx in advance.
11-21-14, 03:43 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been trying to make this happen myself. The code I wrote kind of works, but not 100%. I've been running into situations where missions would ignore the request to be marked as turned in and would require multiple passes to complete.
11-21-14, 06:11 AM   #3
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I've been trying to make this happen myself. The code I wrote kind of works, but not 100%. I've been running into situations where missions would ignore the request to be marked as turned in and would require multiple passes to complete.
I'm having the same issue since beta, currently using a 0.25sec timer if #(C_Garrison.GetCompleteMissions()) > 0. I hate the solution, but it works for now.

Same problems with follower list updates, C_Garrison.GetFollowers() isn't always up to date...
11-21-14, 07:22 AM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

There is an addon called Breeze to speed it up very much:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/breeze
11-21-14, 02:59 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For now, I got the OnFinished handlers on the animations to trigger the next logical step. This makes it play more like a movie without the need for interaction. I might end up hiding the next button and seeing how it turns out visually.
11-21-14, 06:10 PM   #6
Tegara
A Murloc Raider
Well Tonyleila, I have to say that the Breeze addon sure lives up to its name. It's made things a lot faster and far less boring.

In that strange Utopia that resides somewhere within my WoW psyche, I'll still dream of just one clicking the "View Completed Missions" button and having them all auto-complete but until then, this will do nicely.

I never acquired the skill to write addons so I appreciate the work and effort everyone puts into the addon community. Now, I gotta run. I'm on a mission(s)!
11-21-14, 09:50 PM   #7
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
For now, I got the OnFinished handlers on the animations to trigger the next logical step. This makes it play more like a movie without the need for interaction. I might end up hiding the next button and seeing how it turns out visually.
I just complete them all in the background using C_Garrison.MarkMissionComplete(missionID) and C_Garrison.MissionBonusRoll(missionID) depending on .state, but sometimes GarrisonMissionList_UpdateMissions() doesn't update the mission list and I have to reopen the table...

Also couldn't find a way to tell if a mission failed or was successful, so I don't output rewards.

http://youtu.be/FdMo8hdc4rY

Too much issues for a release
11-22-14, 05:11 AM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I ended up going with a two way approach. When GARRISON_MISSION_NPC_OPENED fires, I run a scanner that reruns itself every half second until there are no completed quests. I also have GARRISON_MISSION_FINISHED directly call C_Garrison.MarkMissionComplete() using the passed mission id and trigger a delayed scan to make sure everything was caught. I handle looting with GARRISON_MISSION_COMPLETE_RESPONSE checking C_Garrison.CanOpenMissionChest() and running C_Garrison.MissionBonusRoll() if true.

Note: GARRISON_MISSION_COMPLETE_RESPONSE should fire in response to C_Garrison.MarkMissionComplete() with info on whether the mission succeeded or not. It isn't reliable right now as it only seems to fire on successful missions.
11-22-14, 05:25 AM   #9
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's what I use, seems to work fine for me atleast:

Lua Code:
  1. local lastMissionID
  2. local function QueryMissions()
  3.     local missions = C_Garrison.GetCompleteMissions()
  4.     if(#missions > 0) then
  5.         lastMissionID = missions[1].missionID
  6.         C_Garrison.MarkMissionComplete(lastMissionID)
  7.     else
  8.         GarrisonMissionFrame.MissionTab.MissionList.CompleteDialog:Hide()
  9.     end
  10. end
  12. Handler('GARRISON_MISSION_NPC_OPENED', QueryMissions)
  13. Handler('GARRISON_MISSION_COMPLETE_RESPONSE', function(missionID, canComplete, success)
  14.     if(missionID == lastMissionID and canComplete) then
  15.         if(success and C_Garrison.CanOpenMissionChest(missionID)) then
  16.             C_Garrison.MissionBonusRoll(missionID)
  17.             return
  18.         end
  20.         C_Timer.After(1/2, QueryMissions)
  21.     end
  22. end)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to expedite finished missions