08-14-14, 08:49 PM   #1
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chat modification before sending

I am looking for a small bit of code.

I would like to have any player that uses this script to have their chat modified ONLY in guild chat

Before anything they wish to say it will put a simple * before it. So if they say Hi in guild chat with the addon it will output

Player: * Hi guys!

Only in guild chat. The idea behind this is to be able to tell when some one talks if they are using the guild addon pack.

I understand players will use addons for modifying their chat and other sorts of goodies that may prevent this addon from working properly. In any way can we make sure that the * is in place.
08-14-14, 09:19 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

This seems like an odd and annoying way to tell whether other guild members are using the required guild addon. Just implement a version check like the one found in oRA3 etc.
08-15-14, 01:29 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Most addons do this by using the guild's addon channel via SentAddonMessage(). This allows addons to communicate to copies of themselves on other clients without hijacking regular chat channels. This function fires CHAT_MSG_ADDON on all target clients receiving the message.

Note: Be sure to use RegisterAddonMessagePrefix() to receive addon messages for a given prefix.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat modification before sending