12-18-10, 09:54 PM   #21
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
@patrick51 & @lodewijk

We still have the community page and that hasnt changed hardly at all with the big wider list of latest addons. The old find page only listed 4 - 5 latest, now we list like 17 so we are showing more than ever.

Sorry you don't like the changes and I hope you change your mind.

@patrick51 Most people *do* like the new blizzard forums however we aren't even close to that type of design or amount of change. We just freshened up our old design a bit. It's not all that different.

Last edited by Dolby : 12-18-10 at 10:00 PM.
12-18-10, 10:30 PM   #22
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
We just freshened up our old design a bit. It's not all that different.
Not directly true for us light-users
12-19-10, 01:32 AM   #23
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Grats on the new look, though I must admit I got lost for a while. More power to you guys!
12-19-10, 02:36 AM   #24
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Toran View Post

One thing missing is the favorite addons highlight. On the main page, once a user logs in, the top right square that shows the username and number of updated favorites should be highlighted somehow. Also, on each addon page the "favorite addon" box used to be shaded differently so I knew I favorited the addon.
I was coming here specifically to mention the same issue with an addon page not giving any indication that you have already Favorited it.
12-19-10, 05:01 PM   #25
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
A quick search field will be added back to the navbar soon(tm). I didnt miss it when i was working on the new style but now I do. lol
*ahem* ^^
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-20-10, 08:14 AM   #26
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Constructive criticism - I really like the new site - but if I had a gripe it could be the spacing above and below each text item in the "cells" - like the recently updated addon list and the recent threads list.

I would like to see them a bit "thinner" for my personal tastes to allow more items to be seen at once - I run 1920x1200 and when I come to the site I have to scroll down a bit to glance at the entire updated addons list where before I could see them all.

Otherwise I love it!

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-20-10, 10:33 AM   #27
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

Looks wonderful! I like it alot!
12-20-10, 12:29 PM   #28
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
good, but i still would like being able to disable comments on X mod, disable whatever I do not want to see on my addon page this is boring to read comments in multiple sites I most likely don't read the one on wowinterface and I want to centralize them somewhere
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)

Last edited by Mera : 12-20-10 at 12:33 PM.
12-20-10, 01:02 PM   #29
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can disable comments on a file page. I forget exactly if it is in the edit/update window for you yourself or if we have to do it, but it is possible.

Here's an example: http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-20-10, 01:33 PM   #30
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post

I would like to see them a bit "thinner" for my personal tastes to allow more items to be seen at once - I run 1920x1200 and when I come to the site I have to scroll down a bit to glance at the entire updated addons list where before I could see them all.
Just FYI we are showing a lot more than before. Think it was 10 and now its like 17? I cant count.
12-20-10, 02:51 PM   #31
infinusmemorium
A Kobold Labourer
Just wanted to say that I love the new setup, it has made finding what I need a lot easier.
The dropdown menu that comes up when you mouse over Addons alone has made my life a lot easier.

Keep up the good work!
12-20-10, 06:38 PM   #32
Rhedd
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy It's ok but.....

It's ok looking and everything but I am accustomed to the old style that I could tell when there was updated addons in each category at a glance and now it appears I have to go through each and every category to find out if any of the addons I use have been updated . Kinda cheesy really . I have always used this place as my main source for addons .
12-20-10, 06:52 PM   #33
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Rhedd View Post
It's ok looking and everything but I am accustomed to the old style that I could tell when there was updated addons in each category at a glance and now it appears I have to go through each and every category to find out if any of the addons I use have been updated . Kinda cheesy really . I have always used this place as my main source for addons .

Whats wrong with the list of the last 17 updated Addons/Comps on the addon and community page (and a link to a list of the last 200 updates)? I would think that would be way faster instead of clicking on each category that showed a red blinking graphic. The reason the red blinky graphics were removed is because eventually addons will be able to choose multiple categories (many of them belong in 2 or 3 different categories).

Also why not tag the addons you use as a Favorite? Then as soon as you visit the site anywhere you are alerted of what addons that you favorited have been updated since you last visited by putting a number of updates next to your username on the navbar. You can even enable it so the site emails you when an update happens to your favorite.

:boggle:

Last edited by Dolby : 12-20-10 at 07:02 PM.
12-20-10, 08:00 PM   #34
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You can disable comments on a file page. I forget exactly if it is in the edit/update window for you yourself or if we have to do it, but it is possible.

Here's an example: http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments
I think it must be requested to someone like yourself.
12-20-10, 08:38 PM   #35
Rhedd
A Murloc Raider
Whats wrong with the list of the last 17 updated Addons/Comps on the addon and community page (and a link to a list of the last 200 updates)? I would think that would be way faster instead of clicking on each category that showed a red blinking graphic. The reason the red blinky graphics were removed is because eventually addons will be able to choose multiple categories (many of them belong in 2 or 3 different categories).

Also why not tag the addons you use as a Favorite? Then as soon as you visit the site anywhere you are alerted of what addons that you favorited have been updated since you last visited by putting a number of updates next to your username on the navbar. You can even enable it so the site emails you when an update happens to your favorite.

:boggle:
hmmm kool , i never paid attention to the column , but yeah the favorite thing is cool , ill do that .
12-21-10, 08:47 AM   #36
lipinski
A Kobold Labourer
Looks great. Thanks for keeping everything fresh.
12-21-10, 09:29 AM   #37
Rhedd
A Murloc Raider
Ok I did add all my addons I use as favorites . I would like to ask you wow interface to do one thing though . When there is an addon update for one or more of my favorites , could the updated favorites get colored like red or something please ? or even one of the images inserted somewhere in the addon line .

Last edited by Rhedd : 12-21-10 at 09:36 AM.
12-21-10, 11:15 AM   #38
Omukeka
A Kobold Labourer

The page look good.

Gratz.
12-21-10, 12:03 PM   #39
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Rhedd View Post
Ok I did add all my addons I use as favorites . I would like to ask you wow interface to do one thing though . When there is an addon update for one or more of my favorites , could the updated favorites get colored like red or something please ? or even one of the images inserted somewhere in the addon line .
Updated favorites are listed in bold text, and you are alerted via the number next to your name in the top right of every page. If you have it set to email you (via this page: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=modifyoptions ) then you'll get an email notice as well.

If you have further questions about favorites, please start a new thread in our "Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions" forum.

12-29-10, 01:00 AM   #40
Mars85
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looks nice, and now one-page-view functions again However, details-tab still hidden by default (if javascript is off. However I would prefer if it's always visible, regardless javascript is on or off )

PS: I don't know what this "like" button means, I won't use Facebook... if it creates some page there or something else than would be nice to have option to disable it (as addon author).

Last edited by Mars85 : 12-29-10 at 01:08 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » The Cataclysm hits WoWInterface!