10-21-14, 03:03 AM   #1
Ogriku
A Murloc Raider

Battleground Timers

Could someone help me out with some Battleground timers? Ya know, kind of a DBM style stuff to know when Mines or Blacksmith is capping in AB or when flag respawns in WSG.

I use bigwigs for raiding and don't feel like dealing with the constant updating of DBM, just to use their PvP timers. I was using Capping Battleground Timers but the project has sense been abandoned and does not work as of patch 6.0.

If someone could help me out with either making one that is a stand alone version or could point me in the direction of one, i would thank you greatly
10-21-14, 08:49 AM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes someone realy shoud takeover Capping the Author has already said we won't update:

By totalpackage
Appreciate the support, but Capping will most likely be dead come WoD . I can no longer maintain it since there aren't any battleground activity on beta, and I stopped playing years ago.

If anyone wants to keep it alive, let me know.
10-21-14, 01:22 PM   #3
Ogriku
A Murloc Raider

I would appreciate it if someone did or came up with one of your own design with the same functionality.
10-21-14, 02:06 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I'm using Capping in 6.0.2, admittedly only AV so far for testing another addon.
10-21-14, 05:05 PM   #5
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Ogriku View Post
I would appreciate it if someone did or came up with one of your own design with the same functionality.
You can acually use the DBM-PVP mod only for this. However it's broken like hell atm.
10-22-14, 01:44 AM   #6
Ogriku
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
You can acually use the DBM-PVP mod only for this. However it's broken like hell atm.
And there is no way of knowing when it will be updated, most of the great authors on here update fairly quickly which is why I put this request/question here.
10-25-14, 07:46 AM   #7
Ogriku
A Murloc Raider

Any updates on this?
10-25-14, 09:03 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Any updates on what? Writing a fully-featured "battleground timer" addon isn't a project someone can just whip together for you in 15 minutes. If anyone was interested in writing such an addon they'd probably have done it already. There's a dedicated category for battleground-related addons on this site, and one on Curse. If you don't find anything in there that meets your needs, then it's likely no such thing exists. Bumping the thread isn't going to magically make strangers want to spend 100 hours writing an addon they have no personal interest in for you.
10-25-14, 02:05 PM   #9
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Sadly there are very little AddOn authors interested in PvP - noticed that when searching for a good enemy cooldown timer most of them were incompleat or abandoned. I think if anything then Capping may be updated by somone in WoD when the rated BGs are back. Currently there is no need for it so just be patient.
10-26-14, 01:14 AM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

It's my understanding that in competitive tournament PVP you can't use addons, which why there are whole websites dedicated to horribly written PVP-related macros that modify the UI, and also probably why there is very little interest in writing actual addons for PVP. If you're playing at that level, you don't want to rely on addons sometimes when you can't use them other times, and if you're not playing at that level, the PVP features in the default UI are good enough for most players.
10-26-14, 05:49 AM   #11
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Sadly there are very little AddOn authors interested in PvP - noticed that when searching for a good enemy cooldown timer most of them were incompleat or abandoned. I think if anything then Capping may be updated by somone in WoD when the rated BGs are back. Currently there is no need for it so just be patient.
You could try this enemy cooldown tracker:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pvptimer

Last edited by Resike : 10-26-14 at 06:03 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Battleground Timers