10-20-14, 05:44 PM   #1
Meebsy
A Murloc Raider

[BUG?] Download not completeing

Build: 5301f19c2a83d870393a28eb91242540375ffd3c

Trying to update "Clean Icons - Crisp" to version 6.0.2 and it stops half way and won't continue.
Each time hit the update button it gets half way and stops.

Added both the .log and .xml files in a zip attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip .minion.zip (10.7 KB, 275 views)
10-20-14, 06:44 PM   #2
Dancingblade
A Murloc Raider

They're aware of this issue. Here's the conversation I had with Dolby yesterday:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50193
11-11-14, 11:18 PM   #3
ComputerNerd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Worth noting, is that anything outside of the /addons folder will not be properly handled by Minion or any addon client.
It will just put it into the addons folder where it will do nothing.

Icon/graphic/sound replacement packages have to be installed manually.
11-12-14, 01:23 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Anything with out a .toc file Minion isn't going to be able to install at the moment.

I will work on delisting anything that doesn't include a .toc file in the zip so people aren't confused about this.
11-12-14, 08:06 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I was having troubles updating a MiirGui Texture Pack the other day. Minion didn't see it as being installed, and when I tried to do it from the "Find More" tab it went through the motions but didn't actually do anything.

MiirGui starts its file structure at Interface, including replacement textures for that directory. But it also has an AddOns folder inside that, with 2 addons inside there.

It would be nice if Minion at least extracted it into the AddOns folder, so that users can just move it to the correct directory.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-13-14, 08:42 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It would be nice if Minion at least extracted it into the AddOns folder, so that users can just move it to the correct directory.
I think this would actually be more confusing, as most users would not know they needed to do something by hand after installing/updating with Minion, even if there was text somewhere saying that.

A better solution might be to pop up a little dialog when they click install/update in Minion next to something like this, with text like "This isn't an addon, so Minion can't install it for you. Would you like to open its download page in your browser to see how to install it? Yes/No".
11-13-14, 09:16 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
A better solution might be to pop up a little dialog when they click install/update in Minion next to something like this, with text like "This isn't an addon, so Minion can't install it for you. Would you like to open its download page in your browser to see how to install it? Yes/No".
I like that idea. Should be simple enough for minion to handle. Making a ticket
11-13-14, 09:35 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, MiirGui is an addon, but it has the override textures included as well. Perhaps use the wording "conventional addon"?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-14-14, 12:30 AM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know, "conventional" is an awfully big word. Might go with "regular" instead.

Or even just "This addon can't be installed through Minion" without further explanation.
11-14-14, 09:09 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Or even just "This addon can't be installed through Minion" without further explanation.
Yeah, maybe this one...

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » [BUG?] Download not completeing