09-30-23, 09:12 AM   #1
roadapathy
A Kobold Labourer
Minion on Ubuntu 23.04 doesn't work, probably won't without dev stepping in

I've used a few version of JAVA including OpenJDK of course. There's no reason anybody should have to install the Oracle when OpenJDK works well and has broad support. I'm sorry but that falls on the developer(s).

I did try two versions of Oracle with the same results. Ubuntu has broad support and there shouldn't be a fuss so that again falls on the developer(s).

What can we do to help the developer(s) bring Minion back to Linux? I say this when Linux gaming is surging on the Steam system survey. There are a lot of us now. Every one of my games now works on Linux due to Proton/Steam Play. My AMD RX 6700 TX GPU drivers (modules) are all built into the Kernel so everything, including games, just run on Linux right out of the box.

If the Minion Developer(s) want to share a donation page, let's drop some cabbage on it and get a promise or two to move it forward! Minion is a great app.

If anybody has a solution as to what the hell dependancies are missing to get this working then post them here!
02-26-24, 12:29 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry to bump an old thread as no one has responded to it. Minion relies on JavaFX which is not supported by OpenJDK. You can download and install Bellsoft Liberica JRE 11 which does bring JavaFX support or use the Minion Flatpak which can be found over on Flathub. I have been testing the Flatpak and it works nicely.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Minion on Ubuntu 23.04 doesn't work, probably won't without dev stepping in