10-18-14, 06:39 AM   #1
lepoey
A Defias Bandit
Just started using oUF layouts - need help!

Just started using oUF and downloaded a couple layouts, save for one layout the rest have given me a jumble of ui stuff. They all pretty much look like this screenshot:. Is there something obvious that I'm missing with these? Sorry for being a complete newbie haha. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by lepoey : 10-18-14 at 06:58 AM.
10-18-14, 10:40 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you also install the core oUF addon? A few layouts might include a copy of it in their download, but most don't.
10-18-14, 03:15 PM   #3
lepoey
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Did you also install the core oUF addon? A few layouts might include a copy of it in their download, but most don't.
Yeah I installed the latest version along with any dependencies. In the case of the layout I used in the screenshot it works on all my classes except warlock. I've posted in that specific one for help. But there are still other layouts that just don't work. I was wondering if it was a fault on my end on how I installed ouf.
10-19-14, 08:37 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF and oUF_SomeLayout both go directly in the AddOns folder as separate addons.

You should also check the update date on the layouts you're trying -- layouts that haven't been updated for 6.0 might not work due to changes in WoW and/or oUF. If you're trying a layout that hasn't been updated, make sure to check the "Load out of date addons" box on the addon list.

Finally, if you don't already have an error-catching addon, install Bugger to check for addons. The default UI has a "show Lua errors" option but it even if you turn it on (it's off by default) it doesn't show errors that happen early in the loading process, so it's pretty useless. If an addon "doesn't work" even though it's installed correctly and enabled, that usually means an error is occuring, and in most cases, the error message will tell you (or someone else, if you're not a programmer and don't understand the error message ) exactly what's wrong on which line of code in which file.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Just started using oUF layouts