07-02-13, 12:58 PM   #1
Creomortis
A Defias Bandit
Flying cam to ground cam mod

Hi,

On the ground when holding right clicking and rotating my camera it will turn around my character until a point. It will then start turning my character.
If you get on a flying mount and into the air and repeat the same thing then your character starts turning as you rotate the camera around your char straight away.
I want to be able to use the flying cam as a ground cam so that my character turns as I turn the camera.

Make sense? Is there a simple way to do this I have completely missed?
07-02-13, 02:13 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you left click while on a flying mount the camera turns without rotating the character, it just doesn't have a point where the character does start to rotate but if you reach a point and want to turn the character, just press the right button. This works the same for both on the ground and flying.
07-02-13, 03:26 PM   #3
Creomortis
A Defias Bandit
The reason I want my char to turn with the camera whilst on the ground is so that I can do Hexos So snapping to a direction isn't going to work for that.
07-02-13, 03:48 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think I saw an addon recently that does 'combat mode' for WoW, if I can remember the name.

By that I mean it puts you in permanent mouselook mode, that should have the effect you're after.
Have the camera turn with your character.

Edit:
Found it MouselookHandler
(there's also another older one that seems similar Mouse Look Lock)
07-02-13, 04:26 PM   #5
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Your character does rotate with the mouse when you hold down right click, even if it only appears to complete its turn when you release the button.

It's quite obvious when you look at the arrow on your minimap or pay attention to where hexos is pointing.

Just to reiterate, you don't need an addon for this. This is how the game already works.

Last edited by semlar : 07-02-13 at 04:37 PM.
07-04-13, 04:01 AM   #6
Creomortis
A Defias Bandit
Interesting, I'll try looking at the minimap tonight. Like I said before my head turns but but the character does not until a point. The issue here is that the hexos boss is not turning in the direction my head is facing, only the direction in which my whole body faces.

I'll try those programs out, cheers.
07-05-13, 03:28 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. Left-click & drag moves only the camera. Right-click & drag moves the character's facing as well.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Flying cam to ground cam mod