04-22-14, 08:14 AM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ive tryed disableing everything. Then just having this and still get errors.
04-22-14, 08:20 AM   #2
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
But what are these errors you are getting?
04-23-14, 12:45 PM   #3
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
not OP but long-time user of Overachiever. I haven't been getting errors in the 'caught by Swatter' sense, but one of the main reasons I use OA is for the 'adds a line to the tooltip, telling me if I need to kill/love/hug/eat/cook this thing for an achievement.' Ever since account-wide achieves went in, OA hasn't been updated to distinguish between "another character completed this achievement but not the one I'm on now" and "this character doesn't need to kill/etc because they are done with the achieve."

If patching this via a fan update of a file or two is viable, I would totally give much internet appreciation to the person/s who could do such a thing. Or is it simpler/easier/better/possible to have a standalone addon that only does the 'add a line to the tooltip' part? I don't know much about LUA.
04-23-14, 01:07 PM   #4
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

@Sanna I've been using TurnTheScrews to help see the kind of thing such as if my current character still needs a specific achievement. Its not perfect but it helps a bit.
04-23-14, 06:25 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by SannaSK View Post
Ever since account-wide achieves went in, OA hasn't been updated to distinguish between "another character completed this achievement but not the one I'm on now" and "this character doesn't need to kill/etc because they are done with the achieve."
Well, there is definitely a more addon-specific solution possible, but I solved that problem UI-wide by replacing the GetAchievementInfo API function to behave as it did before they added account-wide achievements, since I don't really care about account-wide achievements and don't have any addons that care about them either, and this was easier than updating every single addon that checks an achievement. I've been using it since they implemented account-wide achievements, and haven't encountered any problems resulting from it. Feel free to use it; just drop it in any addon file, or make a small addon out of it:

Code:
local orig_GetAchievementInfo = GetAchievementInfo
function GetAchievementInfo(...)
	local id, name, points, accountCompleted, month, day, year, description, flags, image, rewardText, isGuild, characterCompleted, whoCompleted = orig_GetAchievementInfo(...)
	return id, name, points, characterCompleted, month, day, year, description, flags, image, rewardText, isGuild, characterCompleted, whoCompleted
end
04-28-14, 02:42 PM   #6
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Pardon my silence, but life was very lifey this weekend.

@def9 - thank you for the link... I'm having "yes it's installed but no it's not doing anything" issues with Turn the Screws, but that's probably not content that belongs in this thread. Also, looking at the smidge of info given, I'm not sure that addon does anything that helps me do what I want to do. It says it hides achieves completed by any character, which is.... kind of counter to what I'm looking for. I'm specifically wanting /more/ information about achieves that have been completed by my other characters but not the one I'm on right now.

@Phanx - I appreciate you posting that code, but I think I may not be leet enough to use it. I took the code, made the addon on the website you linked, installed it, and... nothing happened...? But also, I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does it give me data in the tooltip, IE, OA's 'red line'? Does it modify something in the achievement interface? etc.

The OP wasn't specific on what parts of Overachiever s/he was looking to replace, so I sort of fear I'm hijacking the thread, but since I too am looking to replace the currently-nonfunctional parts of OA, I guess it's not too off-topic. I guess my request would be, "I want the red line in the tooltip back... what addon will do that, regardless of the 'completed by another character' status of the given achievement?"
04-28-14, 04:18 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

... I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does it give me data in the tooltip, IE, OA's 'red line'? Does it modify something in the achievement interface? etc.
All it does is remove the game's ability to recognize whether achievements were completed by your other characters. It does not add or modify any UI parts, or do anything specific to any addon.

Normally when the default UI, or an addon, asks the game for information about an achievement that was completed on another character but not the current one, the game will say "yes and no". The code I posted will make it just say "no" instead. This prevents addons that haven't been updated for account-wide achievements from getting confused, and prevents the default acheivement UI from showing achievements as complete that haven't been completed by the current character, etc. Basically, the game will no longer know anything about account-wide achievements, and will go back to the way it worked before they were added.

I too am looking to replace the currently-nonfunctional parts of OA ... I want the red line in the tooltip back... what addon will do that, regardless of the 'completed by another character' status of the given achievement?
The red lines work fine for me, with the code I posted previously running as a standalone addon. Paste it into the big box in the middle of the page I linked before, change the text in the small box at the top of the page from "MyFirstAddon" to something that describes the addon (eg. "CharacterAchievements" or "NoAccountAchievements" or anything else that will remind you what it does), and click the green button below the box. The ZIP file you get is just like the ZIP file you get when you download any other addon. Unzip it into your AddOns folder and restart WoW.
04-28-14, 06:26 PM   #8
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Followed these instructions, still not getting a red line in the tooltip... tested on mousing over a not-dead and a dead Glorious mob, plus mousing over Wildfowl Roast (related: attached screenshot showing 'definitely don't have achieve credit for eating this food' plus the tooltip for the food).

Running Overachiever, Tiptac, and GloriousDrops... plus Informant, and I think that's all that deals with tooltips... I attached the code.lua, which is in the 'RemoveAccountwideAchieves' (what I called it), just in case I... managed to copy-paste wrong? It's happened before, haha : < ( *shakes fist at years-old javascript* ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OA-and-code_ap28_14.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	8073  
Attached Files
File Type: lua code.lua (569 Bytes, 204 views)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Overachever