03-02-06, 04:02 PM   #81
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Hathelsay
Did you change the positioning of the buttons with this latest release?

All my buttons appear to have moved up vertically putting half of the button above the top of the party member.
Which UnitFrames are you using? I did move the party buttons around for Perl Classic UnitFrames, but I did more than just move them up. Any chance you could post a screen shot of the problem?
03-02-06, 04:59 PM   #82
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
Here's what I mean. It used to be closer to the middle/lower portion of the player. In a full group now it can be alittle confusing as to which buttons go to which players.

Hope this helps.
03-03-06, 08:58 AM   #83
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
After playing with perl a bit more I see what you did.

I run party members in "compact" mode in perl, which removes the total hp/mana on the far right of each party member.
In this mode the buttons are off as shown in the previous picture.

If running in normal mode, the buttons are in perfect position.

Being able to tweak the position of the buttons like raidheal would solve the problem
03-03-06, 11:04 AM   #84
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Perl Classic Unit Frames

I didn't get a chance to investigate the problem last night, but from your post this morning, I see what has happened. I did not realise that there were other formats for the party frames (not being a Perl_Classic user myself) and so I moved the buttons to a place that I thought would take up less room on the standard layout. I do intend to include options to tweek button positions in an upcoming version as well as providing a selection of anchor positions to the user, but this is a ways off at this point.

For those of you who use Perl_Classic party frames in compact mode, I will post a file download here that will move the buttons down for you. I would provide you with instructions on modifying the file yourself, but unforunately it has become formatted in such a fashion that Notepad makes a complete mess out of it, so I believe it will be easier for me to provide a download. The question is, how far down do you want me to move it, and is there anything that sticks out from that side of the party frames (such as debuff icons)?
03-03-06, 03:25 PM   #85
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
You can customize where you wish debuff icons to appear on party members.

Personally, I would like the top of the heal buttons to pretty much line up with the top of the box containing hp/mana/pet (basically vertically aligned with the player's class icon on the left), but thats just me.

By the way, thanks for the help. A lot of ui people dont even want to deal with little picky problem like this.

Last edited by Hathelsay : 03-03-06 at 03:28 PM.
03-06-06, 10:39 PM   #86
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Version 1.4.3 Released

Posted Version 1.4.3.

This Version fixes the problem with the Power Word: Shield button from not always greying out when you don't have enough mana to cast it. Also, when using Perl_Party (Perl Classic UnitFrames) in compact mode, the buttons have been moved back to their v1.3 positions.
03-07-06, 10:13 AM   #87
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thx for the quick turnaround.
03-07-06, 02:09 PM   #88
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Question Mana Conservation in WoW 1.10

With automatic mana conservation no longer being an option in WoW 1.10. I would like to hear suggestions from the users of GroupHeal as to how they would like Mana Conservation to function in the future.

I have a few ideas of my own, but I would like to get some input on this.

Thanks
03-07-06, 03:11 PM   #89
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
Honestly, as a paladin, I'm not thaaaat concerned with it.
Most of the healing I do is either spot healing to keep people topped off from aoe's/misc melee dmg, or spam healing a tank in between priest heals.

With 1.10 will you still be able to check target hp deficit WHEN the button is clicked and only cast the heal if its >= a certain number?
If so that would be the only recomendation I could think of off the top of my head.
03-09-06, 12:36 AM   #90
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Version 1.4.4 Released

This is just a small update for a couple of performance improvments. I removed some debug code that worked its way into the 1.4.3 release unintentionally. I also added a check so that the +healing gear code doesn't re-scan equipment more often than is needed.
03-09-06, 12:05 PM   #91
zodden
A Defias Bandit
I really like your mod. Its simple, works with CT Raid, and takes into account + healing gear. The only problem is I use Discord Unit Frames. Please make your mod compatible with DUF and I would love to be able to use your wonderful mod!

Thanks
03-09-06, 12:12 PM   #92
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by zodden
I really like your mod. Its simple, works with CT Raid, and takes into account + healing gear. The only problem is I use Discord Unit Frames. Please make your mod compatible with DUF and I would love to be able to use your wonderful mod!

Thanks
That has been suggested to him already and i believe he is looking into it. Nothing said on when/if he would make it work with DUF though.
03-09-06, 01:46 PM   #93
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Support for DUF

Currently my focus is on updating GroupHeal for the 1.10 patch as well as code tweeks for efficiency (I am a dedicated efficiency nut). After I am more or less happy with all that, I am going to look at Button Position/Size settings and I will look into DUF at the same time. I don't think support for DUF will be a big problem, but given the customizability of DUF, I think it would be rather pointless to support it without providing settings to allow the user to tweek the button positions.
03-10-06, 02:16 AM   #94
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Version 1.4.5 Released

Removed another bit of debugging code, Sorry Priests!
03-13-06, 01:48 PM   #95
zodden
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jbcc
Currently my focus is on updating GroupHeal for the 1.10 patch as well as code tweeks for efficiency (I am a dedicated efficiency nut). After I am more or less happy with all that, I am going to look at Button Position/Size settings and I will look into DUF at the same time. I don't think support for DUF will be a big problem, but given the customizability of DUF, I think it would be rather pointless to support it without providing settings to allow the user to tweek the button positions.
I suppose thats the trick right? If the buttons were moveable they would be compatible with any unit frames that exist in any addon. Am I right in this?

Thanks
03-14-06, 11:08 AM   #96
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by zodden
I suppose thats the trick right? If the buttons were moveable they would be compatible with any unit frames that exist in any addon. Am I right in this?

Thanks
To a certain extent. It is more convienient for the custom unit frames to be supported by GroupHeal directly because this allows the unitframes to deal with the logic of when to show the unit frame and thus the heal buttons for each unit (depending on the party size). Also, having the GroupHeal buttons anchored to the unit frames allows the user to move them around and have the GroupHeal buttons move with them instead of having to reposition the GroupHeal buttons whenever they decide to adjust the position of their unit frames.
03-14-06, 02:07 PM   #97
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
It's me again margaret!

One little issue that I haven't had much time to test, but it relates once again to perl.

Sometimes, I think only when I'm in a raid group, the target's heal buttons blink on and off, or disappear completely. I haven't disabled any other mods to see if it's a conflict yet, but I don't use any other mobds that affect the target window.

Anywhoo, another fun thing to track down!
03-14-06, 02:32 PM   #98
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Hathelsay
It's me again margaret!

One little issue that I haven't had much time to test, but it relates once again to perl.

Sometimes, I think only when I'm in a raid group, the target's heal buttons blink on and off, or disappear completely. I haven't disabled any other mods to see if it's a conflict yet, but I don't use any other mobds that affect the target window.

Anywhoo, another fun thing to track down!
I've seen that one a couple times myself actually, it's not specific to which unit frames you are using. I will be looking into this.
03-21-06, 06:48 AM   #99
katana
A Cyclonian

I have quickly checked the forum thread about that, and didn't see the info. My apologies if it has already been said : would you be interested in french translation for the spells / interface strings ?

I really like your mod, and I've changed the spell names for my pally spells so that the addon works, and I'd like to contribute. Just tell me if you want them, I can send them to you very quickly (ideally, having a file with every string, spell names as well as the strings already in localization.lua would be the most convenient translation base for everyone ^^)

Cheers !
03-21-06, 11:27 AM   #100
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by katana
I have quickly checked the forum thread about that, and didn't see the info. My apologies if it has already been said : would you be interested in french translation for the spells / interface strings ?

I really like your mod, and I've changed the spell names for my pally spells so that the addon works, and I'd like to contribute. Just tell me if you want them, I can send them to you very quickly (ideally, having a file with every string, spell names as well as the strings already in localization.lua would be the most convenient translation base for everyone ^^)

Cheers !
Thanks for the offer katana. Currently I have setup the localisation for spell names for both the French and German versions. The localisations are untested however, so I have been looking for someone to try them out. I will be in touch with you directly.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GroupHeal