Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-23-07, 07:09 PM   #1
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thumbs up Mazzle and Mac

firstly i apologise for starting a new thread, i couldn't remember where i saw the issues with getting Mazzle to work on a mac.

I have finally got Mazz working on my mac, i noticed ppl had been having the same prob as me, whereas once you'd enable out of date addons etc, and gone to log in, WoW had a fatal error and crashed.

I followed the instructions to update the ace addons, although u have to use MacAceUpdater and you'll need to add all the lib addons in the !StandAloneLibraries, as the .bat files are windows only and the updater doesn't see the addons if there is no .toc file in the directory.

Following this add the clean install of Mazzle into your interface/addons folder, telling it not to replace anything. Log in and load out of date addons, although disable the 3 Bongos addons.

I stress disable the 3 BONGOS addons, their the ones causing the fatal errors on Macs, i have tried this on my G5 and my intel Macbook and although with no bongos the action bars are awful (plus the blizz_ui sits on the minimap) i'm sure until a fix is worked out by Mazz and the rest of the Beta guys you could find a replacement action bar mod to tide you over!

Hope this helps....

[edit/add]

When i say working, i mean that it no longer errors out, so at least u can see ur toon and the wonderful world around him/her, rather than the wow error reporter and finder

Last edited by CustomFark : 05-23-07 at 07:20 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle and Mac