Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-11-11, 08:42 AM   #1
Kolakhan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tooltip Fading?

I have been having an issue for several weeks which would include before the patch. On an intermitant basis my tooltip would change from normal where I could mouse over an item or icon and it would stay as long as I did so to, to fading away after about 1-2 seconds making it unreadable. Imagine trying to study a new item in the AH and having it fade away before you can compare it to what you have on. This would occur after playing for about 5 minutes or so for no apparent reason I could detect and I could reload the UI and restore normal operation but it would not hold for more than about 5 minutes of playing time.

I started removing addons which I thought would have any impact on the tooltip. I installed addons that claimed to control tooltips including fade time. All to no avail. Having removed all of those I finally disabled Carbonite figuring there is a lot of things going on in Carbonite and perhaps one of them was impacting the tooltip. To my surprise the issue is gone! I have played for three days now without the issue and even re-enabled some of the addons I turned off before. Is there something in Carbonite that controls tooltip fade time or even turns it off? I would like to put it back in but given the choice just cannot do it under the circumstances. Thanks for your help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tooltip Fading?