11-22-09, 06:48 AM   #1
Shadizzle
A Fallenroot Satyr
Lightbulb Looking for some basic help/understanding

Hello,

I have several different things I take into account everyday when playing World of Warcraft that I have a designed Microsoft Word sort of “Question? If yes, do this.. If no, do this” and would like to create my own add-on in order to help me sort of simplify this process.

Some of you may respond with “stop being lazy, just alt tab” which I could do, but the advantages of having an add-on do this in-game has a greater advantage (ex: additional features that I would have to pen and paper from in-game to word) to make this process super simple. The issue is, I have some basic understanding of (X)HTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, and also working hand in hand with SQL databases.

Although, I never worked closely with XML itself, I get a pretty good understanding of XML on the case of what’s doing what, why, and how; but when it comes to implementing any of that to work with WoW, I’m lost.
Basically all the add-on would be doing is basically stating a question, the result of the answer to that question will continue down the line with several different tips and such. I’m not asking for this to be created by you and handed down to me (If you’d like to do this, I’m more than interested… don’t get me wrong).

I’m just asking for a basic layout as far as what I do need to know, a sort of “this has more importance, so learn at least this before you move to this” will work. I’m not interested in starting a massive add-on project or anything like this, just a basic understanding to get the little things done for this current time, and I will begin to move up and expand should I feel the need for other custom add-on’s in which closely relate to what I am wanting to do or the such.

Sorry for such a long post, if you need any information on what exactly I’m trying to do, then feel free to ask and I will reply as soon as possible. I thank everyone of your views and responses ahead of time. =)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking for some basic help/understanding