05-27-09, 04:44 PM   #1
Chibi
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Direct Download Module Links?

The Minion isn't playing nice with my setup, and though I've managed to get it mostly installed with a few caveats, it doean't want to install the default pair of modules, they seem to download, and then poof, are nowhere to be found. Does anyone have direct links to the WowInterface and zip support modules or am I out of luck till a later round of beta?
06-02-09, 04:43 PM   #2
freakishcashew
A Murloc Raider
I'm having the same problem as you and would also like aforementioned download links.
06-02-09, 06:51 PM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
I haven't actually made the true module packages yet, so don't install these in the normal way.

http://minion.mmoui.com/packages/wowi-install.zip
http://minion.mmoui.com/packages/zip-install.zip

You can feed the JAR file in the zip install file into the module center (tools->module center) normally. This should install it.

The WoWI module is more complicated: This package isn't structured quite correctly. So, to make it work, you're going to need to unpack it in the right place.

On Windows, this would be:

%APPDATA%\MMOUI\Minion\

so pull the contents of the "modules" folder into the modules folder there, and same with "lib."

In time, I will make a true module package which you can just install by feeding the zip into the module center. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-03-09, 01:28 PM   #4
freakishcashew
A Murloc Raider
Could you clarify those instructions? The only %Appdata%\ folder I have is in my downloads. I installed the zip .jar just fine but I can't seem to figure out how to, or where to for that matter, install the Wowi module. I put the folders inside the zip in both "C:\Program Files\MMOUI Minion" and "C:\Users\****\Downloads\%APPDATA%\MMOUI\Minion" but minion seems to still only recognize the zip module.
06-03-09, 08:00 PM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Well this might explain why it's not working. %APPDATA% is something known as an "environment variable." If you type it into explorer, explorer SHOULD translate it into a path name.

For example, for me, if I type

%APPDATA%\MMOUI\Minion\

It becomes

C:\Users\delbu9c1\AppData\Roaming\MMOUI\Minion

Because %APPDATA% gets replaced with C:\Users\delbu9c1\AppData\Roaming

This changes depending on user, OS, and configuration, so I always use the environment variable because it's correct. If explorer CAN'T come up with this, then something's wrong and it needs to be fixed.

What OS are you on?
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-04-09, 01:54 PM   #6
freakishcashew
A Murloc Raider
I'm running x86 Vista home premium. For some reason %Appdata% isn't replaced with "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming" but typing in "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\MMOUI\Minion" works. After installing the module to this location it worked. Perhaps the problem with the module not installing initially is caused by the non-recognition of %Appdata% on my computer?
06-04-09, 08:29 PM   #7
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm almost sure that's why it's not working.

If you go to a command prompt and enter the command "set" what do you see as a result? Is there any APPDATA line?

Also could you go into the command prompt and tell me the response of "ver" please?
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-05-09, 11:54 PM   #8
Facktotum
A Kobold Labourer
1. Un-installed all versions of java on my Vista64 and downloaded Java for Vista64.
2. minion.jnlp was not associated with any application so there is no chance to run the setup
3. using run cmd javaws minion.jnlp installed the updater fine.
4. running the shortcut on the desktop again gives files not associated with any application.
5. with what java exe is minion.jar supposed to open?

I am out of options and it looks really complicated for an addon updater to be giving so much problems.

Any idea how this tedious application can go smoothly?

Last edited by Facktotum : 06-06-09 at 12:28 AM.
06-06-09, 10:09 AM   #9
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Your computer has something taking over the java association. What it is, I don't know, but that isn't my fault.

Sometime in the future the shortcut will make the correct call to javaw.exe.

In the future, make a new thread. Posting in an old thread is likely to get you ignored.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-12-09, 06:01 AM   #10
dranor
A Defias Bandit
Nokia PC Suite, among others, is known to change the association with java related files. So you will have to right click the jar file, use "Open With" submenu and select the last option to change the default association to Java SE Binary

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Direct Download Module Links?