Thread: Z-Perl 2
View Single Post
03-09-16, 06:35 PM   #31
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Not sure what your playerUpdateCast does. I guess it is not for the castbar right?

If it is your castbar you could check the castbar code from rCompassCastbar because I do not understand why it is called so often.

I enable OnUpdate when a cast event fires and catch the casting info on the first frame. After that it is just for value updates with an exception to cancel it if no stop event is triggered.

https://github.com/zorker/rothui/blo...stbar.lua#L270
It's for the castbar, i don't see anything weird about it.

I use the same method like you described. A 1 second cast should call it 60 times with 60 fps, and like add another 1 second (another 60 calls) for the cast success animation.
Thats like 150 calls for mounting up once (2.5 sec of animation) with 60 fps.

On another issue:
I'm still considering diching the StatusBar for the castbar and use a simple texture and update it with SetTextCoords. Because it looks much more smoother since it does not have locked value steps like the status bars.

It's only noticable with longer casts like over 10 seconds. However that would make the castbar even more expensive. Any tought on this?

You can see it on the video the upper old Z-Perl using this method, and the castbar is much more smoother.

Last edited by Resike : 03-09-16 at 06:46 PM.