View Single Post
05-08-13, 12:31 PM   #68
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
God... luck with Hardware. I've had everything from HDDs that killed whatever sata ports they got plugged into to GPUs that killed motherboards (the manufacturer didn't believe that one until they received the actual card when I RMA'd it ). I think my curse may have lifted, though. Haven't had many issues in the last few years /jinx

Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Now yesterday something really odd happened, i was watching a movie and suddenly my PSU fan started to spin real ****ing crazy, a few sec later a tickling sound appeared, everything stopped spinning and my computer shut down - guess what? Yeah my PSU burned down every single **** of my components but the RAM, the CPU and the Mobo.

Atleast i'm still within the 7 years guarantee of my Power supply, i do hope that corsair will pay for everything harmed due to the PSU. I never thought such thing could happen with quality products, but i guess i thought wrong.
Definitely sounds like PSU failure. If you were just drawing too much power it would either shut down using it's own over-current protection, or your hardware would start having temporary issues as they lacked sufficient power (such as GPUs freezing).

At least you bought Corsair (I assume) which have some of the best customer service around. Unfortunately even with the best made hardware these things can happen, it's just a lot less likely.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 05-08-13 at 12:38 PM.