View Single Post
07-11-13, 02:15 AM   #11
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hurray, more feedback! Thanks

Well, in Raidminder there is no reason to lock things because why would anyone else change the notes? Only raid leader/ assistants can do that, and you probably shouldn't give assist to people who would mess up that stuff.

Raidbot doesn't have a permanent window (though it's an idea), but I do plan to change it a bit so that if you receive a Raidbot message and you have the add-on installed, it will display it somewhere in big clear letters, a bit like a customized raid warning.

DBM has everything on every boss, but that won't tell me what actual events actual people would want to send customized messages on. I mean, sure, I can detect when Ji-Kun casts Feed Young, but would anyone really have anything to say to his raiders when that happens? I wouldn't want to clutter the add-on with every possible event.

Actually the plan was to allow you to change the name of the custom whispers... I can see how at the moment that's a waste of space. For event whispers, however, I think the event name is necessary - you might give a person two conflicing assignments at different points (go to red on first transition, go to purple on second transition).

You're pretty right about the hardest part, I'm not sure how I'll be able to collect data for heroic SoO yet... and I guess the normal version won't be ready by the time I reached these bosses either, unless some really heroic people help me out.

It's quite alright if you prefer Raidminder I'm pretty sure I would too. If your guild ends up deciding to use it on a regular basis, let me know what other features I can add for you.