View Single Post
10-12-11, 11:25 PM   #5
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
A few years back I ran into a similar issue, I moved into my brother's house for a long while and started to do half my WoW gaming in his lounge-room on the big screen. It's at that time I had to move away from having my Unit Frames in the top-left corner

First idea was to use a HuD, as that way all the information I'd need was at the center of my screen. So I continued to evolve it over the years into RealUI.

Take a look at IceHUD, it's very customizable and may help you get more information closer to where you're looking. Other than that, all the standard addons can be configured quite well and be placed anywhere on the screen you like. The key is to minimize the amount of movement your eyes need, and to try and get all the necessary information in an easily viewable field of view, and get all unnecessary information out of the way.

Another trick you can use is to "shrink" your UI size. You can do this via macro, such as "/run UIParent:SetHeight(800); UIParent:SetWidth(1600)"
I've been using IceHUD for a while now on my DK since I do alot of arenas with her. This is what I have now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_101311_012145.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	6547

It still works pretty well but it just seems bulky I guess. I haven't edited anything yet... I know the fonts need to change and I should probably scale some stuff down too. But I got home from work and just had to play on it for a while lol

I'll give the shrinking trick a try in the morning when I log back in. Thanks.

Last edited by Othgar : 10-12-11 at 11:27 PM. Reason: meh