View Single Post
05-14-09, 09:54 AM   #1322
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
I recognize that you have reasons for not posting, and may not be able to share all your information with us, but I do have one question. Without going into specifics can you tell us how close WoWMatrix's "FAQs" matched the answers they gave you? I am quite curious.
I am legally bound to inform you that everything I am about to say is purely speculative. To that end, consider yourselves so informed. When I began asking WM the questions I did, I began getting a lot of answers I don't think they intended to share with me. I think it dawned on them about two-thirds of the way through the investigative process that they had over-shared certain pieces of information, and the questions I was asking were leading to conclusions that would likely not have shown them in... a light they favored. In an effort to not let go of the contact I had, I was possibly more transparent with them than I needed to be (even if only a little), and they saw the need to keep themselves in good press. It comes down to the idea that they were releasing nothing to the public, it was making them look bad, too many people were asking too many of the wrong kind of questions, they were drawing too many conclusions, and they absolutely needed to make something public before people started comparing notes on what was being said privately. I would not be surprised to hear that they are scouting the site and watching everything that gets said here. Their FAQ does the amazing job of making any information I would release look like I was twisting their words against them in the name of being a crusader for WoWI and CC.

Right now, they're playing an amazing game of plausible deniability. There is a *ton* of legal bs (to be nearly as frank as I'd like) that keeps this situation messy, and because WoWI and CC can't fully disclose everything that's happening, in an objective reader's eyes, the most rational conclusion is that the scenario is one company's word against another's.

Of course, I seek in no way to make any direct allegations against them. I'm just shedding light on my perspective of the situation as a well-informed WM user. (...which I still am by the way. Where's that updater, Cairenn?! LoL)

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
So does this mean you are acquiescing to their "request"?
Inasmuch as I am required to, I most certainly am. I'm sure I don't have to explain that too much more clearly.

Originally Posted by Vrul View Post
FAQ = Fraudulently Answered Questions, they just had a couple typos in the title of that page.
Vrul ftw.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Hrmm... I know he didn't say as much, but I think their FAQ pissed him off, too. Hence this:
That's true twice. Yes, I am included in the number of people experiencing aggravation as a direct result of their release of that... phenominal... FAQ, and yes, that FAQ is added to the list of things they have done that seem less than forthright to those with a more balanced and informed perspective of the situation.

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Hope everything is okay...
To digress, I am doing well for my circumstances. I'm still looking for work, and I have yet to find any, thought this long string of unemployment is going to help me a lot when I file for my FAFSA and start school. I'm old enough that my parents' incomes won't count against me when I file. I've been unemployed since October of last year, and I was only employed for a few months out of the year, so that lack of income is going to help me out quite a bit. I don't like that I survive at the mercy of those around me, but I like that the people who surround me can be trusted to that end. A lot of people in my social circle are experiencing tough times in a variety of ways, and it has been nothing short of encouraging to watch all of us draw together over the last year in trust and dignity to help each other out in every way we are able.

(I just thought I'd share something a bit positive and realistic with all of you. I like to see at least some ray of sunshine in the middle of ridiculous nonsense. )

Last edited by us2006027321 : 05-14-09 at 10:24 AM.