View Single Post
04-14-09, 11:51 AM   #131
adlWoW
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
Ugh, yeah, that'd get annoying. I have IZArc, so when I download a zip file, I just double click it, hit extract, and thats it (the default directory is usually my addons folder). The popup from that about replacing files is a lot friendlier then the vista one. (Though I rarely do that these days because most of my addons get updated from the Curse Client automatically.)

I mean, I'd love WM as a client if they had a decent backend. They don't have any backend though, and rely on leeching it from others instead. That's just wrong.

If they worked something out somehow that WM became the official client of WI? That'd be pretty sweet.
I usually open the zip rather than save it, and then drag the contents to the Addon folder shortcut on my desktop. This is pretty fast, and it worked great in XP - but not so much in Vista. I guess I can play around with some extractors and see if there is a way to set the default directory to be my addons directory. Otherwise navigating to the addon subdirectory each time would be too time-consuming.