View Single Post
01-10-13, 06:31 PM   #1
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Suggestions] Thanks & Like buttons

Let me start by saying up front that neither one of these buttons that I'm suggesting have anything to do with social web sites. They are specific to this forum only and do not link anywhere.

Id like to recommend two forum plugins/addons. One adds a "Thanks" button to each persons post, and the Like button is pretty much the same only it sits kind of within a post. I'm seeing a ton of vBulletin forums using these two plugins/addons so I'm guessing they are available for download and install.

People would hit the Thanks button on a post where the poster has helped them in some way. Once the Thanks button has been clicked it adds a small extra area under the post that shows the name of the person who has Thanked them. A number list is kept on the left hand side (under the Avatar) that shows how many times you've thanked and how many thanks you've received. You can also unthank if you change your mind.

The Like button is clicked when people agree with what the poster is saying, so if you agree with what they've said you simply click on Like. The forum keeps track of how many Likes you get on the persons profile page.

I would really love to see them implemented here at Wow Interface. I've included screenshots from an Android forum that I am a Guide on so that you can get a better idea of what they look like. I'm pretty sure they can be customized to fit in with the design of this forum. Also, I'm pretty sure I can get the links for these if you need them.

Thanks for considering my request!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanks.png
Views:	297
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	7489  Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanks2.png
Views:	270
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	7490