View Single Post
06-30-11, 05:39 PM   #35
Murdoc
A Defias Bandit
I'm disappointed that I haven't seen more people recommending a R.A.T. I have the R.A.T. 7 and personally it's the best mouse I have ever used. One of the best things about this mouse is that being uncomfortable or awkward is not even a factor. The thumb rest is completely adjustable (can slide from front to back and can angle out from the body or squeeze in tight to the body). It comes with 3 different pinky grips/rests. 1 is smooth, one is a more grippy rubber material and the third is what I call my pinky's "bucket" which basically keeps your pinky from dragging. Have big hands? This mouse is big enough. Have small hands? This mouse is small enough. The palm rest is adjustable (slides forward and backward) and there are 3 different palm rests you can use as well. Smooth, Rubber, and one that is smooth but is thicker making the mouse slightly taller. In addition to all that, like most mice out these days, you can adjust the weight. Not completely sure what size the weights are (I believe they are 5g) but the mouse can go from floating on air to being a workout (not really just pretty heavy for a mouse) Comes with software that allows you to program the 2 side buttons and the horizontal scroll wheel. As well as adjust the DPI settings. There are four DPI modes to select from that are changed by pushing the button right behind the main scroll wheel forward or backward. The DPI mode is displayed on the lip of the left mouse button and also on the lip of the left mouse button is a profile button. This button switches between your profiles which will changed the color of the LED's. One of my favorite features is the Precision Aim button. It's on the left side of the mouse and pressing it instantly lowers your DPI. You can adjust the amount this button lowers your DPI in the software. This is very handy in first person shooters but also has some other practical applications. The R.A.T. 7 is $80 I believe and the R.A.T. 9 is more the only difference is the 9 is wireless. I forgot to mention there is also 2 buttons on the left side of the mouse. It may not have as many buttons as some other mice but it is a 100% guarantee that this mouse will be comfortable. No other mouse out there is a sure fit. I feel like Cyborg owes me some money after that recommendation that turned into a sales pitch. Just read some other reviews and I'm sure you will be sold.