View Single Post
02-28-11, 05:30 PM   #19
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MiniStew View Post
I myself have a dedi graphics card and see ram usage soar. My computer is no halfcast. Custom made, good stuff.
I used to run an HP lappy with 4 gigs of ram and a built in ATI HD series card and even with 90+ addons running I was only ever around 40mb of ram used. Now with my new rig the 40 or so mb I use doesn't even come close to slowing me down. I'd check GFX drivers if you're burning up that much RAM. Running decursive only uses a few kb of memory at the most, Decursive and Healbot together use less than 10mb, Even on a bottom end system with a shared memory video card that wouldn't affect game performance to any noticable degree.

Just for referrence I run a custom built rig too, AMD Phenom II x6 @ 2.8ghz, 8gigz corsair ram, ATI HD 5770 GFX card, and windows 7 64bit. Unless one or more of your addons has some really bad coding you shouldn't be seeing RAM usage soar at all. Even if are using 100-200mb of RAM from addons it really isn't that much unless you're only running 1 or less gigs of RAM.