View Single Post
02-26-11, 10:19 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MiniStew View Post
An addon that will know what debuff I have and shout something like 'I have [Necrotic Plague], decurse me!
As someone who played a healer for over 5 years, I can tell you right now that anyone running such an addon would be immediately added to my ignore list so I wouldn't have to see their spam and wouldn't ever group with them again.

Necrotic Plague is a critical part of the raid encounter where it occurs. Not only is 90% of the raid incapable of doing anything about the debuff (and therefore do not want your spam distracting them from messages that are actually important) but for the people who can dispel it, that is their #1 priority in that stage of the fight. If they're not doing their job, spamming is not the answer.

Even the default UI shows when someone gets a debuff you can dispel, so "my computer can't handle addons" is not only a lie (any computer capable of running WoW is also capable of running Decursive) but also completely irrelevant. You don't need any addons at all to see when someone has a debuff you can dispel.