View Single Post
12-16-14, 07:17 PM   #1
fiote
A Defias Bandit

Creating a grid/resultset

Hello everyone!

Soooo, I got a array/table-thing that stores a list of gear items. Every 'row' in this table got several attributes, like name, ilvl, type/subtype, etc.

Based on filters that I already implemented on that table, I need to display N rows like a table (like a html table), one below the other.

Being a (I guess?) good developer, I did what I could with what I already now and managed to create a ton of 'labels' with CreateFontString and set them (using SetPoint) to be positioned relative to one another in a way that pretty much can be seem as a table (like, the first label of the first row is set to start a BOTTOMLEFT from the first label of the table header, and the first label o fthe second row is set to start at BOTTOMLEFT of the first label of the first row and so on).

I'm kinda happy with the result, but I can't help to think that there should be another way, a better way (simpler) to do that.

Can someone point me the way? Is there a class/frame/something-like-that to abstract this kind of think?

This is my first post here, lol. I used the search but didn't quite find the anwser.