View Single Post
09-02-14, 08:05 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
That reminds me on a speech that was deliverd by my fellow Chancellor last year.
Ahh, politicians and goverments. Here in the US, they recently mandated that health insurance become available to everyone (you've probably heard of "Obamacare" by now) and that the signup process go through a website... except it seems that nobody involved in implementing this website has ever used a website before in their life, so after you the initial "enter your information" process, they actually send you massive volumes of paper in the mail. At one point they sent me a 1000-page catalog listing all the doctors in my state, which is the most populous and 3rd largest in the US, and the thing must have cost them at least $5 to print and mail, even doing them millions at a time, which surely explains why the government never has any money. Plus it takes them 6-12 weeks to actually continue with each step of the process, since they have to sort through huge volumes of incoming paper mail and then send more back out. I signed up in March, and I still don't have health insurance. If only they'd just give the project money to someone who was born after the invention of electricity, the entire process could have been done in 15 minutes.