View Single Post
07-05-14, 09:45 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You shouldn't need to manually trigger garbage collection. Lua will run it periodically on its own. If you're seeing your memory usage growing so fast that manually running garbage collection is actually helping, then some addon you're using is really, really badly written and you'll be better off replacing that addon, than manually clicking a button every 30 seconds for the rest of your WoW life.

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
TP *is* a LDB-Display
It's not. It does have a "compatibility layer" so it can show LDB plugins -- though I'm not sure it supports the more esoteric properties like icon texture coordinates -- but it's primarily designed around its own API, and native Titan plugins are not compatible with LDB displays. The Titan API is completely unrelated, and completely awful... I wrote a few Titan plugins back in the day, and was more than happy to abandon them once FuBar and then LDB came along. Even from a user perspective I can't think of a single reason why anyone would use such a bloated and inflexible addon, when there are so many much more user-friendly LDB display addons, many of which you can even configure to look exactly like Titan Panel, if that vintage 2005 look really does it for you. You'd think the endless stream of people volunteering to maintain Titan Panel would get the hint when the previous developers keep quitting and nobody is writing Titan plugins anymore, but apparently not...