View Single Post
12-09-14, 10:04 PM   #20
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by endorakai View Post
here is the problem with that... i have played wow for over 6 1/2 years. i have not once submitted a bug report and successfully received a response. i dont know why that is, but i dont. i dont even try anymore. i make suggestions not complaints.
You must only be using abandoned addons, then, or posting reports that don't make any sense. I've never gotten a bug report and not responded to it, even if it was to say "this report has nothing to do with my addon" or "this report doesn't make any sense" which (at least on Curse; WoWI posters are generally better) are responses that apply to a disappointingly high percent of the bug reports I've received over the ~8 years I've been publishing addons. I've also almost always gotten some kind of reply to bug reports I've posted on other people's addons, even if that "reply" was just the bug being fixed. When I haven't, it's generally because the addon's author is obviously AFK and the addon hasn't been updated in months/years and no other comments/tickets have replies either.

As for "suggestions" keep in mind that most authors write addons primarily for themselves to use, and while most are generally open to ideas, no sane addon author (or author of any kind of software) will implement every single feature that's "suggested" by users. If I did that, I'd currently have 50 addons that all did the same 10000000 things, instead of 50 addons that all do distinctly different things.