View Single Post
12-08-14, 05:59 PM   #19
endorakai
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I haven't noticed any bugs in the garrison addons I've downloaded. If you have, you should probably report them to the addons' authors so they can get fixed, rather than just complaining about them vaguely.
here is the problem with that... i have played wow for over 6 1/2 years. i have not once submitted a bug report and successfully received a response. i dont know why that is, but i dont. i dont even try anymore. i make suggestions not complaints. i dont NEED to use anything to play wow except wow itself. however, if i am to use an addon i would always look for ways to personalize it for me. why wouldn't i? is that not the reason for addons?!?

that said there are reasons for the suggestions i made.
1. yes there are bugs in many addons concerning the garrison because garrison stuff is still relatively new.
2. oddly enough i dont get any bugs from this particular creation of awesome that vrul has made.
3. i honestly dont want to "change" the way garrison looks or behaves except for the speed of which things are finalized. thus i dont even want the addons you suggested even if not for the bugs
4. the only change i suggested was to make it so i didnt have to watch that lame
"everybody-jump-in-the-air-like-you-just-dont-care-that-you-are-wasting-my-play-time" animation. also the chest makes me wait too.
and neither of these things did i want to wait on.

his script allows it to go faster. thats a plus! but i would much prefer to still see the bonus rewards on the garrison ui and THEN i can click the next button as i see fit.

i really dont see the problem with this request and also do not know what your deal was/is... i felt salt from your response.

edit to 2. oddly enough i dont get any bugs from this particular creation of awesome that vrul has made.

--apparently if you receive any lag spike you could have it needing to run more than once by closing the garrison mission, then at the table reopen them to start fresh. there is an unrelated addon called postal and its meant for opening mail no matter how much you have with a single click. taking a note from that, i am thinking that if you add a hardware action (button) to refresh it this would be remedied. simply put, i think blizz is just not letting it fire off that fast without some form of hardware function. otherwise still extremely useful and once again thank you

Last edited by endorakai : 12-09-14 at 01:52 PM. Reason: found a suggestion for vrul that might fix the problem i just found