View Single Post
10-22-12, 06:23 AM   #1
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
New whispers on new tabs cause UI errors and taints

Hi,

I'm opening a new thread, since my previous has a misleading subject, and the problem seems to be global and not related only to my addon.

The behavior I have encountered is very strange: setting new whispers to be displayed on a new tab (Interface -> Social) causes LUA and UI errors. Several addons are being blamed for these errors, including DBM, bartender and more. It also happens after I disabled almost every addon I have (including my own).

1. First error is easy to reproduce: log into the game, whisper yourself so a new tab will show. Then open glyphs panel and click on a glyph from the list. A UI error will appear.

2. Second error happens on BG: enter a BG (Silvershard Mines demonstrates the best), whisper yourself so a new tab will show, then make sure to be in combat while the game updates the BG score (top-middle of the screen). Bugsack capture lua errors of the following: ArenaEnemyFrames:ClearAllPoints(), ArenaEnemyFrames:SetPoint(), ArenaPrepFrames:ClearAllPoints(), ArenaPrepFrames:SetPoint(). These are also blamed on several addons.

I wonder if these errors happen only to me, or to others as well. Perhaps my WoW installation gone mad or something, since it seems very strange indeed.